ALAN DOBBIE'S DEFECTION: Leader Kober should show more poise
Responding to Haringey Cllr Alan Dobbie s defection from Labour to Conservatives, Haringey Council s Labour leader Clare Kober said: The Tories continue to be the nasty party who care very little for our public services. As leader of the council, sure
Responding to Haringey Cllr Alan Dobbie's defection from Labour to Conservatives, Haringey Council's Labour leader Clare Kober said: ''The Tories continue to be the nasty party who care very little for our public services.''
As leader of the council, surely she should rise above cheap political point scoring and try to look out for the interests of the people of Haringey. After all most people in Haringey do not vote Labour (look at European election result for instance).
I have met Alan Dobbie a number of times when he has been undertaking mayoral duties. He comes across as an enthusiastic, pleasant and conscientious person.
While I do not know the ins and outs behind his resignation, this must surely be a matter of concern to Labour. Perhaps Ms Kober should spend more time working out what is going wrong with her party, and less time hurling diatribes across the trenches.
You may also want to watch:
Clovelly Road, Hornsey, N8
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill