ALAN DOBBIE'S DEFECTION: Leader Kober should show more poise
Responding to Haringey Cllr Alan Dobbie s defection from Labour to Conservatives, Haringey Council s Labour leader Clare Kober said: The Tories continue to be the nasty party who care very little for our public services. As leader of the council, sure
Responding to Haringey Cllr Alan Dobbie's defection from Labour to Conservatives, Haringey Council's Labour leader Clare Kober said: ''The Tories continue to be the nasty party who care very little for our public services.''
As leader of the council, surely she should rise above cheap political point scoring and try to look out for the interests of the people of Haringey. After all most people in Haringey do not vote Labour (look at European election result for instance).
I have met Alan Dobbie a number of times when he has been undertaking mayoral duties. He comes across as an enthusiastic, pleasant and conscientious person.
While I do not know the ins and outs behind his resignation, this must surely be a matter of concern to Labour. Perhaps Ms Kober should spend more time working out what is going wrong with her party, and less time hurling diatribes across the trenches.
Clovelly Road, Hornsey, N8
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 5 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 6 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 7 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 8 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 9 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 10 Hampstead to welcome boho women's lifestyle brand Free People