ALAN DOBBIE'S DEFECTION: Leader Kober should show more poise
Responding to Haringey Cllr Alan Dobbie s defection from Labour to Conservatives, Haringey Council s Labour leader Clare Kober said: The Tories continue to be the nasty party who care very little for our public services. As leader of the council, sure
Responding to Haringey Cllr Alan Dobbie's defection from Labour to Conservatives, Haringey Council's Labour leader Clare Kober said: ''The Tories continue to be the nasty party who care very little for our public services.''
As leader of the council, surely she should rise above cheap political point scoring and try to look out for the interests of the people of Haringey. After all most people in Haringey do not vote Labour (look at European election result for instance).
I have met Alan Dobbie a number of times when he has been undertaking mayoral duties. He comes across as an enthusiastic, pleasant and conscientious person.
While I do not know the ins and outs behind his resignation, this must surely be a matter of concern to Labour. Perhaps Ms Kober should spend more time working out what is going wrong with her party, and less time hurling diatribes across the trenches.
You may also want to watch:
Clovelly Road, Hornsey, N8
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 6 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 7 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?