ALAN DOBBIE'S DEFECTION: Leader Kober should show more poise
Responding to Haringey Cllr Alan Dobbie s defection from Labour to Conservatives, Haringey Council s Labour leader Clare Kober said: The Tories continue to be the nasty party who care very little for our public services. As leader of the council, sure
Responding to Haringey Cllr Alan Dobbie's defection from Labour to Conservatives, Haringey Council's Labour leader Clare Kober said: ''The Tories continue to be the nasty party who care very little for our public services.''
As leader of the council, surely she should rise above cheap political point scoring and try to look out for the interests of the people of Haringey. After all most people in Haringey do not vote Labour (look at European election result for instance).
I have met Alan Dobbie a number of times when he has been undertaking mayoral duties. He comes across as an enthusiastic, pleasant and conscientious person.
While I do not know the ins and outs behind his resignation, this must surely be a matter of concern to Labour. Perhaps Ms Kober should spend more time working out what is going wrong with her party, and less time hurling diatribes across the trenches.
You may also want to watch:
Clovelly Road, Hornsey, N8
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes