ALAN DOBBIE'S DEFECTION: Leader Kober should show more poise
Responding to Haringey Cllr Alan Dobbie s defection from Labour to Conservatives, Haringey Council s Labour leader Clare Kober said: The Tories continue to be the nasty party who care very little for our public services. As leader of the council, sure
Responding to Haringey Cllr Alan Dobbie's defection from Labour to Conservatives, Haringey Council's Labour leader Clare Kober said: ''The Tories continue to be the nasty party who care very little for our public services.''
As leader of the council, surely she should rise above cheap political point scoring and try to look out for the interests of the people of Haringey. After all most people in Haringey do not vote Labour (look at European election result for instance).
I have met Alan Dobbie a number of times when he has been undertaking mayoral duties. He comes across as an enthusiastic, pleasant and conscientious person.
While I do not know the ins and outs behind his resignation, this must surely be a matter of concern to Labour. Perhaps Ms Kober should spend more time working out what is going wrong with her party, and less time hurling diatribes across the trenches.
You may also want to watch:
Clovelly Road, Hornsey, N8
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 7 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 8 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre