Alan Coxon - Ale-Gar marinated fillet steaks with char-grilled vegetables
Alan Coxon is cooking up a special Smooth Radio Starlight Supper menu and he’s shared his recipe so you can do the same. All money raised will go to Macmillan Cancer Support. We hope you, too, will be inspired to hold a fund-raising dinner party.
Alan Coxon “The Food Archaeologist ™” has established a reputation as one of the world’s favourite TV chefs and presenters, with exceptional culinary talent and an unparalleled knowledge for the earliest origins of ingredients. He has worked in Michelin star restaurants in Monte Carlo and as head chef, opened the largest 4 star hotel in Europe. Alan has released three cookbooks, and has a multi award winning historic foodrange.
Ale-Gar marinated fillet steakswith char-grilled vegetables
Ale-Gar is dark and flavorsome and makes a wonderful addition to beef and venison dishes.
You may also want to watch:
Try these fabulous fillet steaks marinated in Ale-Gar to prove the point - deliciously! Serves 4
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
8 tbsp Alan Coxon’s “Ale-Gar”,
4 x 125-150g (5-6oz) fillet steaks
2 large courgettes, thinly sliced diagonally
2 peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
2 red onions, sliced into wedges
4 tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Parsley sprigs, to garnish
1. Spoon the Ale-Gar into a shallow non-metallic dish. Add the fillet steaks, turning them to coat. Cover and leave to marinate for 30-40 minutes, turning once.
2. Heat a char-grill pan or grill. Put the courgettes, peppers and red onions into a bowl and add 2 tbsp olive oil, tossing them to coat.
Char-grill or grill the vegetables in batches until tender and lightly browned. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Drain the marinade from the meat, then add the remaining olive oil, tossing the steaks to coat them. Char-grill or grill the steaks for 3-4 minutes per side, or until done to your liking.
4. Serve the steaks and vegetables on warm plates. Season with a little salt and pepper, then drizzle a little extra Ale-Gar over them. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Alan’s Tip: Try this recipe with venison steaks instead of beef. For more info visit www.alancoxon.com