Alan Bennett diary reading and Mayor’s gala dinner to raise funds for C4WS
- Credit: Camden Council
The chance to hear one of Britain’s literary greats read his diaries, and buy the authoritative guide to Tottenham Hotspur’s history are part of two fundraisers to be held by Camden Mayor Richard Cotton in March and April.
The Spurs’ ‘opus’ will be auctioned off along with other prizes at a gala dinner on March 22. The opus provides the full record of the club’s history and are worth around £2,000.
Guests at the dinner, at Camden Market’s Gabetos can enjoy a three course meal, with wine, live entertainment and an auction. Tickets cost £80.00 from 020 7424 0692.
Three weeks later Mr Cotton will host an evening with Alan Bennett.
The talk will take place at Friends House, on Thursday April 12, and the playwright will read extracts from his diaries. Tickets will cost £26.00, and are available from Eventbrite.
You may also want to watch:
All profits will go to the Mayor’s charity, C4WS Homeless Project.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 8 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
If anybody wishes to make an advance bid for the Tottenham Hotspur ‘opus’, bids can be emailed to email@example.com