Alan Bennett diary reading and Mayor’s gala dinner to raise funds for C4WS
- Credit: Camden Council
The chance to hear one of Britain’s literary greats read his diaries, and buy the authoritative guide to Tottenham Hotspur’s history are part of two fundraisers to be held by Camden Mayor Richard Cotton in March and April.
The Spurs’ ‘opus’ will be auctioned off along with other prizes at a gala dinner on March 22. The opus provides the full record of the club’s history and are worth around £2,000.
Guests at the dinner, at Camden Market’s Gabetos can enjoy a three course meal, with wine, live entertainment and an auction. Tickets cost £80.00 from 020 7424 0692.
Three weeks later Mr Cotton will host an evening with Alan Bennett.
The talk will take place at Friends House, on Thursday April 12, and the playwright will read extracts from his diaries. Tickets will cost £26.00, and are available from Eventbrite.
You may also want to watch:
All profits will go to the Mayor’s charity, C4WS Homeless Project.
- 1 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 4 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 5 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 6 Thanks, traffic, Women's Day, U3A, Haverstock Hill and Covid
- 7 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa
- 8 Thames Water under fire for Highgate tree felling
- 9 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 10 Sven Badzak: Two more arrested on suspicion of murder
If anybody wishes to make an advance bid for the Tottenham Hotspur ‘opus’, bids can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org