Alan Bennett diary reading and Mayor’s gala dinner to raise funds for C4WS
- Credit: Camden Council
The chance to hear one of Britain’s literary greats read his diaries, and buy the authoritative guide to Tottenham Hotspur’s history are part of two fundraisers to be held by Camden Mayor Richard Cotton in March and April.
The Spurs’ ‘opus’ will be auctioned off along with other prizes at a gala dinner on March 22. The opus provides the full record of the club’s history and are worth around £2,000.
Guests at the dinner, at Camden Market’s Gabetos can enjoy a three course meal, with wine, live entertainment and an auction. Tickets cost £80.00 from 020 7424 0692.
Three weeks later Mr Cotton will host an evening with Alan Bennett.
The talk will take place at Friends House, on Thursday April 12, and the playwright will read extracts from his diaries. Tickets will cost £26.00, and are available from Eventbrite.
You may also want to watch:
All profits will go to the Mayor’s charity, C4WS Homeless Project.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
If anybody wishes to make an advance bid for the Tottenham Hotspur ‘opus’, bids can be emailed to email@example.com