Alan Bennett diary reading and Mayor’s gala dinner to raise funds for C4WS
- Credit: Camden Council
The chance to hear one of Britain’s literary greats read his diaries, and buy the authoritative guide to Tottenham Hotspur’s history are part of two fundraisers to be held by Camden Mayor Richard Cotton in March and April.
The Spurs’ ‘opus’ will be auctioned off along with other prizes at a gala dinner on March 22. The opus provides the full record of the club’s history and are worth around £2,000.
Guests at the dinner, at Camden Market’s Gabetos can enjoy a three course meal, with wine, live entertainment and an auction. Tickets cost £80.00 from 020 7424 0692.
Three weeks later Mr Cotton will host an evening with Alan Bennett.
The talk will take place at Friends House, on Thursday April 12, and the playwright will read extracts from his diaries. Tickets will cost £26.00, and are available from Eventbrite.
You may also want to watch:
All profits will go to the Mayor’s charity, C4WS Homeless Project.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
If anybody wishes to make an advance bid for the Tottenham Hotspur ‘opus’, bids can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org