Alan Bennett diary reading and Mayor’s gala dinner to raise funds for C4WS
- Credit: Camden Council
The chance to hear one of Britain’s literary greats read his diaries, and buy the authoritative guide to Tottenham Hotspur’s history are part of two fundraisers to be held by Camden Mayor Richard Cotton in March and April.
The Spurs’ ‘opus’ will be auctioned off along with other prizes at a gala dinner on March 22. The opus provides the full record of the club’s history and are worth around £2,000.
Guests at the dinner, at Camden Market’s Gabetos can enjoy a three course meal, with wine, live entertainment and an auction. Tickets cost £80.00 from 020 7424 0692.
Three weeks later Mr Cotton will host an evening with Alan Bennett.
The talk will take place at Friends House, on Thursday April 12, and the playwright will read extracts from his diaries. Tickets will cost £26.00, and are available from Eventbrite.
All profits will go to the Mayor’s charity, C4WS Homeless Project.
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 3 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 4 Unarmed man shot by police during prison break was ‘lawfully killed’
- 5 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 6 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 8 Father's fear autistic son will 'dive through' window of unsafe West Hampstead home
- 9 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 10 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
If anybody wishes to make an advance bid for the Tottenham Hotspur ‘opus’, bids can be emailed to email@example.com