Akers and Lewin tipped to depart Arsenal this summer
Arsenal s managing director Keith Edelman has announced he is stepping down from his role after eight years to pursue more work outside of the game, including a multi-million pound environmental project in Bedfordshire, and there could be two other shock
Arsenal's managing director Keith Edelman has announced he is stepping down from his role after eight years to pursue more work outside of the game, including a multi-million pound environmental project in Bedfordshire, and there could be two other shock departures from Shenley in the summer.
Ladies team manager Vic Akers, who has been in the role for more than 21 years, and a match-day ever-present on the bench alongside Arsene Wenger, is believed to be preparing to step down after leading the women's team to yet another league and cup double this season.
And the Football Association is hopeful of prising away Gary Lewin to become England's first full-time physiotherapist.
Lewin has taken the role on a part-time basis since 1996 - working at three World Cup finals - but new England boss Fabio Capello wants him on a permanent contract.
You may also want to watch:
Sources close to Soho Square have indicated to the Ham&High that the FA has tabled a huge offer to Lewin, who was first appointed Arsenal first team physio in September 1986, believed to dwarf his current club pay packet.
It may mean another potential problem for Wenger in the busy summer months.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'