Affordable wedding dresses you will be able to say I do to
A local businesswoman has found a possible cure for ‘dress stress’
If you’re looking for a wedding gown and have a severe case of dress stress – September 18 may just be your lucky day.
The first Chic Eco wedding dress sale is taking place and a heap of loved-for-a-day gowns will be on offer.
Miranda Levey, 35, of East Finchley set up Chic Eco when she was looking to sell her wedding dress.
“There were no non-online places to sell a dress,” she explains. “I think it is so important that you see the dress in real life before you buy it for your wedding.”
You may also want to watch:
Unimpressed by the hordes of eBay transactions, Levey decided to put on her own sale. An appeal for dresses was fruitful – Levey will have 30 dresses for brides-to-be to consider.
Prices will range from �250 to a �3,500 Oscar de la Renta dress, originally �10,000. Sizes are from six to 22, with most being eight, 10 and 12.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
‘Good as new’
The money for the dresses will go to the original owners with Levey taking a small commission for her work as sale co-ordinator.
“I was 34 when I got married and I think I had a bit more to spend on a wedding dress than people who marry a little younger. In a time when people haven’t got much money, I think this is a great way to own a beautiful dress without spending a fortune. Most dresses are worn for about eight hours. Once they have been dry cleaned, they are as good as new,” says Levey.
“I think it is nice to own a dress which someone else has loved.”
Levey intends to hold an event every two months if the first one is successful.
n Visits to the sale are by appointment, maximum five people at one time. To make an appointment, visit www.chiceco.co.uk or call 07931 778427.