Addled Amy apes trendy cafe’s retro staff uniforms
TRENDY staff in a north London cafe have been flattered by Amy Winehouse s decision to adopt their waitress uniform. The Camden Town singer has been constantly snapped wearing the classic bowler shirt worn by the girls at Plan 9 cafe in Castellain Road,
TRENDY staff in a north London cafe have been flattered by Amy Winehouse's decision to adopt their waitress uniform.
The Camden Town singer has been constantly snapped wearing the "classic bowler" shirt worn by the girls at Plan 9 cafe in Castellain Road, Maida Vale.
But co-owner Kay Kono is adamant her snack bar was the first to pioneer the 1950s retro style when they opened in April.
"I had the uniforms from last February and we only started to see pictures of Amy wearing them at the end of the summer after we opened," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Business partner Chris Hinton took a more tongue-in-cheek view of the troubled singer's copycat outfit: "Obviously we're very pleased that someone who represents good eating habits as much as Amy Winehouse has taken up our uniforms. We'd like to think Amy has taken our style lead, but put it this way - we turned her down for a job."
Staff love the fact the singer is copying their style. Lauren Lane, 24, said: "We got a kick out of seeing the pictures of her in our uniform."
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
But she added people are unlikely to mistake her colleagues for Miss Winehouse: "We tend to be sober when we're at work, so that's not likely to be so much of a problem.