Addled Amy apes trendy cafe’s retro staff uniforms
TRENDY staff in a north London cafe have been flattered by Amy Winehouse s decision to adopt their waitress uniform. The Camden Town singer has been constantly snapped wearing the classic bowler shirt worn by the girls at Plan 9 cafe in Castellain Road,
TRENDY staff in a north London cafe have been flattered by Amy Winehouse's decision to adopt their waitress uniform.
The Camden Town singer has been constantly snapped wearing the "classic bowler" shirt worn by the girls at Plan 9 cafe in Castellain Road, Maida Vale.
But co-owner Kay Kono is adamant her snack bar was the first to pioneer the 1950s retro style when they opened in April.
"I had the uniforms from last February and we only started to see pictures of Amy wearing them at the end of the summer after we opened," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Business partner Chris Hinton took a more tongue-in-cheek view of the troubled singer's copycat outfit: "Obviously we're very pleased that someone who represents good eating habits as much as Amy Winehouse has taken up our uniforms. We'd like to think Amy has taken our style lead, but put it this way - we turned her down for a job."
Staff love the fact the singer is copying their style. Lauren Lane, 24, said: "We got a kick out of seeing the pictures of her in our uniform."
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 School dreams big after unveiling £200k community kitchen
But she added people are unlikely to mistake her colleagues for Miss Winehouse: "We tend to be sober when we're at work, so that's not likely to be so much of a problem.