Adams raises doubts over board's full support for Wenger
Arsenal legend Tony Adams may have burned his bridges with the club after questioning the board s commitment to Arsene Wenger. The former skipper, who spent his entire playing career at Highbury, claims the Arsenal manager does not have the full support o
Arsenal legend Tony Adams may have burned his bridges with the club after questioning the board's commitment to Arsene Wenger.
The former skipper, who spent his entire playing career at Highbury, claims the Arsenal manager does not have the full support of those in the Emirates boardroom.
"I don't know who it is, but I think there's someone on the board who's not pro-Arsene," claimed Adams, who skippered the club to titles in three different decades.
"The fans are not silly, they know the team needs experience at the back and in midfield.
You may also want to watch:
"Arsene knows, too. He's not a silly man. But tell me a player they can get for the money they've got. It's unrealistic. I don't think Arsenal have got any finance."
See this week's Ham&High for full story.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council