Adams raises doubts over board's full support for Wenger
Arsenal legend Tony Adams may have burned his bridges with the club after questioning the board s commitment to Arsene Wenger. The former skipper, who spent his entire playing career at Highbury, claims the Arsenal manager does not have the full support o
Arsenal legend Tony Adams may have burned his bridges with the club after questioning the board's commitment to Arsene Wenger.
The former skipper, who spent his entire playing career at Highbury, claims the Arsenal manager does not have the full support of those in the Emirates boardroom.
"I don't know who it is, but I think there's someone on the board who's not pro-Arsene," claimed Adams, who skippered the club to titles in three different decades.
"The fans are not silly, they know the team needs experience at the back and in midfield.
You may also want to watch:
"Arsene knows, too. He's not a silly man. But tell me a player they can get for the money they've got. It's unrealistic. I don't think Arsenal have got any finance."
See this week's Ham&High for full story.
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 6 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 9 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses