Adams raises doubts over board's full support for Wenger
Arsenal legend Tony Adams may have burned his bridges with the club after questioning the board s commitment to Arsene Wenger. The former skipper, who spent his entire playing career at Highbury, claims the Arsenal manager does not have the full support o
Arsenal legend Tony Adams may have burned his bridges with the club after questioning the board's commitment to Arsene Wenger.
The former skipper, who spent his entire playing career at Highbury, claims the Arsenal manager does not have the full support of those in the Emirates boardroom.
"I don't know who it is, but I think there's someone on the board who's not pro-Arsene," claimed Adams, who skippered the club to titles in three different decades.
"The fans are not silly, they know the team needs experience at the back and in midfield.
You may also want to watch:
"Arsene knows, too. He's not a silly man. But tell me a player they can get for the money they've got. It's unrealistic. I don't think Arsenal have got any finance."
See this week's Ham&High for full story.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 8 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 9 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 10 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme