Actresses Michelle Collins and Juliet Stevenson get pampered before Pinknic in the Park tomorrow
These familiar faces were willing guinea pigs as a group of teens practised their pampering skills.
Actresses Michelle Collins and Juliet Stevenson were treated to braiding and nail art by budding beauty therapists Darmonelle Johnson, 14, Aneris Johnson, 13 and Chiedza Mutasa, 15.
The teens will be offering beauty treatments at the Alexandra Wylie Tower Foundation’s (AWTF) Pinknic in the Park this Saturday, helping the charity raise money to support local children to achieve their aspirations.
But it is not all about hair and nails at the event from noon until 5pm in Waterlow Park, Highgate. There will be a range of activities on offer, including a line-up of musicians which includes the X-Factor’s Lydia Lucy, who appeared on the hit show last year.
There will also be archery, an adult assault course, bouncy castle and facepainting, with food for those who get hungry provided by pan-Asian restaurant Tootoomoo.
You may also want to watch:
And keen-bakers can enter The Great AWTF Bake Off, judged by former Dr Who actor Christopher Eccleston. Visit awtf.org for more information.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Letter on shopping for one!
- 10 84 West Heath Road planning decision deferred again by Barnet Council