Actress Billie Piper to turn on Steele’s Village Christmas lights
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Actress Billie Piper has become the latest celebrity to sign up for a festive lights switch-on.
Ms Piper has agreed to press the button at Thursday’s Steele’s Village Christmas celebrations.
The actress, pictured, who lives in Steele’s Village, will do the honours at about 5.15pm outside The Legal Cafe in Haverstock Hill.
There will also be carol performances from a host of choirs, a Santa’s grotto, a fashion show and free food and drinks laid on by nearby restaurants.
The festivities will begin at 4.30pm and continue into the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn Whiting, chairman of the Steele’s Village Business Association, said: “It’s the best community event in the whole of north west London!”
Presenter Jonathan Ross and actor Andy Serkis are among the stars who have already helped to light up Hampstead and Highgate this year.
- 1 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 9 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 10 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
On Saturday, Tom Conti is set to turn on the Belsize Park lights outside Budgens in Haverstock Hill.