Actress Billie Piper to turn on Steele’s Village Christmas lights
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Actress Billie Piper has become the latest celebrity to sign up for a festive lights switch-on.
Ms Piper has agreed to press the button at Thursday’s Steele’s Village Christmas celebrations.
The actress, pictured, who lives in Steele’s Village, will do the honours at about 5.15pm outside The Legal Cafe in Haverstock Hill.
There will also be carol performances from a host of choirs, a Santa’s grotto, a fashion show and free food and drinks laid on by nearby restaurants.
The festivities will begin at 4.30pm and continue into the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn Whiting, chairman of the Steele’s Village Business Association, said: “It’s the best community event in the whole of north west London!”
Presenter Jonathan Ross and actor Andy Serkis are among the stars who have already helped to light up Hampstead and Highgate this year.
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 3 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit
- 9 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
On Saturday, Tom Conti is set to turn on the Belsize Park lights outside Budgens in Haverstock Hill.