Actor to light up Belsize Park at festive community celebration
- Credit: Archant
Oscar winner Jim Broadbent will light up Belsize Park when he switches on the Christmas lights this year launching a festive community celebration.
The Belsize Community Choir and the Royal Free hospital Choir will perform and lead a singalong and mulled wine and food will be provided by local traders.
Organiser Linda Grove said: “The Winter Lights are provided by our community shops, largest benefactors being Budgens and Knight Frank estate agents, Lexington estate agents and a few individual donations.”
Mr Broadbent, who lives in Belsize Park, won the best supporting actor Academy Award for his role in the film Iris.
There will also be a collection made for the Royal Free hospital garden on Pond street which is being created by local volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to donate should contact Anna Pollard at Lexingtons Estate Agent. Email: email@example.com
The event will take place on Saturday December 10 at 6pm outside Budgens, in Haverstock Hill.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 8 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour