Actor to light up Belsize Park at festive community celebration
- Credit: Archant
Oscar winner Jim Broadbent will light up Belsize Park when he switches on the Christmas lights this year launching a festive community celebration.
The Belsize Community Choir and the Royal Free hospital Choir will perform and lead a singalong and mulled wine and food will be provided by local traders.
Organiser Linda Grove said: “The Winter Lights are provided by our community shops, largest benefactors being Budgens and Knight Frank estate agents, Lexington estate agents and a few individual donations.”
Mr Broadbent, who lives in Belsize Park, won the best supporting actor Academy Award for his role in the film Iris.
There will also be a collection made for the Royal Free hospital garden on Pond street which is being created by local volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to donate should contact Anna Pollard at Lexingtons Estate Agent. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The event will take place on Saturday December 10 at 6pm outside Budgens, in Haverstock Hill.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 10 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown