Actor to light up Belsize Park at festive community celebration
- Credit: Archant
Oscar winner Jim Broadbent will light up Belsize Park when he switches on the Christmas lights this year launching a festive community celebration.
The Belsize Community Choir and the Royal Free hospital Choir will perform and lead a singalong and mulled wine and food will be provided by local traders.
Organiser Linda Grove said: “The Winter Lights are provided by our community shops, largest benefactors being Budgens and Knight Frank estate agents, Lexington estate agents and a few individual donations.”
Mr Broadbent, who lives in Belsize Park, won the best supporting actor Academy Award for his role in the film Iris.
There will also be a collection made for the Royal Free hospital garden on Pond street which is being created by local volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to donate should contact Anna Pollard at Lexingtons Estate Agent. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The event will take place on Saturday December 10 at 6pm outside Budgens, in Haverstock Hill.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 7 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 8 Parliament Hill viewpoint works delayed by nesting birds
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!