Acoustic acts will get chance to make it a Perfect Day
THE HAM&HIGH is appealing for acoustic music artists to perform at a festival to raise money for the Swiss Cottage special school. Tufnell Park-based artist Vashti Gleave and her band will be among the acts taking part in the second Ham&High Acoustic Musi
THE HAM&HIGH is appealing for acoustic music artists to perform at a festival to raise money for the Swiss Cottage special school.
Tufnell Park-based artist Vashti Gleave and her band will be among the acts taking part in the second Ham&High Acoustic Music Showcase at the Perfect Day Festival in Avenue Road on September 13.
The festival is organised byneighbours of the school, who decided to take community needs into their own hands and help raise the �120,000 shortfall in the school's government and council funding for 2010.
This is the first time the acoustic showcase has featured as part of the festival, which will be opened by Belsize Park resident Helena Bonham Carter.
Kilburn-based singer songwriter Sean Taylor was also due to perform but has been handpicked to take part in the high profile Blackstair Blues Festival in Ireland following his debut at the first Ham&High showcase, held at the Fair in the Square in Highgate last month.
o Anyone local artists who are interested in performing as part of the Ham&High Acoustic Music Showcase on September 13 should email their Myspace details to email@example.com or send a demo CD marked for Tan Parsons to Ham&High, 100a Avenue Road, Hampstead NW3 3HF.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 4 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 5 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 6 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 9 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?