Abbey Road studios up for sale
THE much-loved Abbey Road studios in St John s Wood could soon be sold off. The historic recording studio, whose name was immortalised on the last Beatle s album in 1969, has apparently been put on the market by its owner EMI. A sale of the property could
THE much-loved Abbey Road studios in St John's Wood could soon be sold off.
The historic recording studio, whose name was immortalised on the last Beatle's album in 1969, has apparently been put on the market by its owner EMI.
A sale of the property could raise tens of millions of pounds, which could help EMI pay off the huge debts it inherited when it was taken over by private equity company Terra Firma.
But it is still to be confirmed whether it will be sold with the Abbey Road brand.
You may also want to watch:
EMI bought the studios for �100,000 in 1929 and it has gone from being used to record British propaganda during the Second World War to being patronised by bands such as Pink Floyd and the Beatles.
Both EMI and staff at Abbey Road studios refused to comment on reports of the sale.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 3 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 4 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 10 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues