A vintage year for scarlet suppliers of fashion nostalgia
Caron Westbrook visits award-winning Crouch End shop Scarlet Rage Vintage.
Scarlet Rage Vintage is one of the most dynamic vintage clothing outlets in London.
Owner Jade Stavri (aided and abetted by her dog Frank) has poured her passion into this business – and it shows.
Trading under the tagline “suppliers of nostalgia” there can be no more appropriate description of its stock in trade.
Stavri personally sources and sells only original clothing from between the 1900’s and the 1950s and will also buy pieces for clients looking for that perfect or particular garment.
You may also want to watch:
If you have a vintage frock in the attic, take it along to Stavri, who often buys pieces from the public, If it isn’t something suitable for her, she’ll offer an appraisal and can steer you in the right direction of where to sell the piece.
No two visits to Scarlet Rage Vintage will ever be the same. Stepping through the door on Topsfield Parade takes you back in time to the decades when fashion was making its own particular style statements.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 8 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 9 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 10 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
Whether it’s a gorgeous raspberry crepe evening gown from the 1940s (£250) a strapless floral ‘50s tea dress (£145) or a hot pink knee skimming 60’s evening dress (£80) it’s a living museum of fashion, only one where you can buy the exhibits at affordable prices.
Explore the unique items on sale, and if they don’t quite fit, well Scarlet Rage Vintage has an in house tailoress to help with that.
Stavri’s dedication is clear. The stylist and ex fashion editor has a great rapport with customers including many regulars. Her travels take her across the globe in search of unique items to sell in a store that won the Best Womenswear Shop in London award at the 2014 London Vintage Awards.
The range, for both men and women changes by the day, and includes everything from swimwear to day dresses, men’s coats to wedding dresses.
Stavri has also set up a website to buy online. Although residents of Crouch End clearly have an advantage in being able to visit the shop regularly, with her passion to reach as many people as possible with the promise of true vintage clothing, Stavri has invested in pop-up shops that have been hitting locations all over the country.
This has brought Scarlet Rage Vintage to a much wider audience and with a fully-fledged social media presence as well, the future looks set to be even brighter for this award-winning vintage business.
Online at scarletragevintage.com or visit the shop at 11 Topsfield Parade N8.