A St John's Wood hospital worker's husband arrested on suspicion of her murder
A PHARMACY technician at a private hospital in St John s Wood was stabbed to death yesterday while on her way to work Svetlana Zolotovsky was found dead with deep knife wounds to her neck and stomach near a bus stop close to her home in east London at aro
A PHARMACY technician at a private hospital in St John's Wood was stabbed to death yesterday while on her way to work.
Svetlana Zolotovsky was found dead with deep knife wounds to her neck and stomach near a bus stop close to her home in east London at around 7.30am.
The 40-year-old, who came from Latvia, has worked at the Wellington Hospital in St John's Wood for the past 18 months.
When she failed to arrive at work, her colleagues from the hospital went to her home to find out if something was wrong.
A spokesman for the hospital said: "She was a very well respected and liked individual. She was quite quiet, but she had a good sense of humour and will be deeply missed.
"We extend our deepest sympathies to the relatives and friends who survive her."
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 3 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 4 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 5 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 6 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 'James Blake returns to childhood stomping ground with euphoric set'
Detectives called to the murder scene discovered identity documents next to Mrs Zolotovsky's's body which led them to her home.
They arrived to find the semi-detached house ablaze and found a woman, in her late 60s or early 70s, believed to be Mrs Zolotovsky's mother, dead in the house.
The elderly lady is said to have come over to stay with her daughter for support while she divorced her estranged spouse.
It had now emerged that Mrs Zolotovsky's husband, Sergei, 42, was arrested on the same day in connection with the two murders.
He is currently in hospital in a "serious condition" after trying to stab himself to death.
DCI Phil Rickells, who is leading the murder investigation, said: "This was a horrific attack in broad daylight. We know the victim left her address in east London at 7.20am to walk to work.
"She was attacked at the bus stop in Stansfeld Road. We have traced several witnesses but would like to speak to anyone who may have been in the area at that time.
"We are making extensive enquiries to trace next of kin in order to formally identify the victims. We know that the elderly lady had been staying with her daughter after arriving in the UK three months ago".
A post mortem examination will be held at Walthamstow mortuary today.