‘A miracle no one died’ after car crashes into flower delivery lorry in Golders Green
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have said it was a miracle no one died after a car hit a flower delivery lorry while a worker was unloading the vehicle.
The car hit the stationary long goods vehicle on Finchley Road, Golders Green, in the early hours of this morning.
A man trapped in the car’s passenger seat was taken to hospital after fire crews from West Hampstead and Euston used cutting equipment to free him from the vehicle.
The delivery driver, car driver and a second passenger were treated for minor injuries.
Watch manager Adam Barnett said: “It was extremely lucky we weren’t dealing with more serious injuries and potentially fatalities.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters worked hard through the driving rain to stabilise the man and release him from the car,” he added.
It took crews 50 minutes to deal with the crash after being called to the scene at 1.17am.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours