‘A miracle no one died’ after car crashes into flower delivery lorry in Golders Green
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have said it was a miracle no one died after a car hit a flower delivery lorry while a worker was unloading the vehicle.
The car hit the stationary long goods vehicle on Finchley Road, Golders Green, in the early hours of this morning.
A man trapped in the car’s passenger seat was taken to hospital after fire crews from West Hampstead and Euston used cutting equipment to free him from the vehicle.
The delivery driver, car driver and a second passenger were treated for minor injuries.
Watch manager Adam Barnett said: “It was extremely lucky we weren’t dealing with more serious injuries and potentially fatalities.
“Firefighters worked hard through the driving rain to stabilise the man and release him from the car,” he added.
It took crews 50 minutes to deal with the crash after being called to the scene at 1.17am.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 6 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 7 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 8 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead