‘A miracle no one died’ after car crashes into flower delivery lorry in Golders Green
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have said it was a miracle no one died after a car hit a flower delivery lorry while a worker was unloading the vehicle.
The car hit the stationary long goods vehicle on Finchley Road, Golders Green, in the early hours of this morning.
A man trapped in the car’s passenger seat was taken to hospital after fire crews from West Hampstead and Euston used cutting equipment to free him from the vehicle.
The delivery driver, car driver and a second passenger were treated for minor injuries.
Watch manager Adam Barnett said: “It was extremely lucky we weren’t dealing with more serious injuries and potentially fatalities.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters worked hard through the driving rain to stabilise the man and release him from the car,” he added.
It took crews 50 minutes to deal with the crash after being called to the scene at 1.17am.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears