A-level results: Channing School duo achieve straight A* sweep
Two Channing School pupils achieved an impressive sweep of straight A*s in their A-levels last week.
Emma Collins and Hannah Poole, both 18, were their school’s top performers after both scoring the highest grades in their exams.
Emma leaves the prestigious Highgate school, in The Bank, where she attended for more than a decade, with A*s in mathematics, further mathematics, chemistry and biology.
She will take a gap year before going to university to study the sciences in 2015.
Hannah’s A*s in mathematics, further mathematics, chemistry and physics landed her a place at Oxford University to study physics, which she will take up in the autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Barbara Elliott said: “Congratulations to all our Year 13 girls who have achieved excellent A-level results, with almost 92 per cent grades A* to B. I am particularly proud of the girls who have been with us since the junior school.”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper