A-level results: Channing School duo achieve straight A* sweep
Two Channing School pupils achieved an impressive sweep of straight A*s in their A-levels last week.
Emma Collins and Hannah Poole, both 18, were their school’s top performers after both scoring the highest grades in their exams.
Emma leaves the prestigious Highgate school, in The Bank, where she attended for more than a decade, with A*s in mathematics, further mathematics, chemistry and biology.
She will take a gap year before going to university to study the sciences in 2015.
Hannah’s A*s in mathematics, further mathematics, chemistry and physics landed her a place at Oxford University to study physics, which she will take up in the autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Barbara Elliott said: “Congratulations to all our Year 13 girls who have achieved excellent A-level results, with almost 92 per cent grades A* to B. I am particularly proud of the girls who have been with us since the junior school.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 8 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers