A-level results: Channing School duo achieve straight A* sweep
Two Channing School pupils achieved an impressive sweep of straight A*s in their A-levels last week.
Emma Collins and Hannah Poole, both 18, were their school’s top performers after both scoring the highest grades in their exams.
Emma leaves the prestigious Highgate school, in The Bank, where she attended for more than a decade, with A*s in mathematics, further mathematics, chemistry and biology.
She will take a gap year before going to university to study the sciences in 2015.
Hannah’s A*s in mathematics, further mathematics, chemistry and physics landed her a place at Oxford University to study physics, which she will take up in the autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Barbara Elliott said: “Congratulations to all our Year 13 girls who have achieved excellent A-level results, with almost 92 per cent grades A* to B. I am particularly proud of the girls who have been with us since the junior school.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street