999 call to George Michael's Highgate home
Singer George Michael caused a little anxiety this week after police were called out to his plush Highgate home in the early hours of the morning. The Ham&High understands a private security firm who patrols near Mr Michael s house in the heart of the vil
Singer George Michael caused a little anxiety this week after police were called out to his plush Highgate home in the early hours of the morning.
The Ham&High understands a private security firm who patrols near Mr Michael's house in the heart of the village called 999 on Tuesday morning after noticing something was amiss at his address.
The door of his �5million property was reportedly wide open and the lights were on but no one was at home.
The security guard became concerned for Mr Michael's welfare and called in the police. After a brief search of the home and the area officers found the former Wham singer safe and well at a neighbour's address.
You may also want to watch:
A Camden police spokesman said: "We can confirm we attended an address in Highgate sometime after midnight on Tuesday morning. The occupant was found safe and well at a nearby address. There was nothing suspicious to report."
Police would not confirm whether the singer was given any crime prevention advice. 'Lock up before you go go' might have been the most appropriate suggestion.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 7 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 8 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 9 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 10 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions