85 per cent back new tax on Chelsea tractors, Alliance claims
A Highgate-based organisation opposed to Chelsea tractors has set up a petition opposing Porsche s legal challenge to a new tax. The Alliance Against Urban 4x4s has teamed up with Friends of the Earth and Greenpeace after the German car manufacturer too
A Highgate-based organisation opposed to 'Chelsea tractors' has set up a petition opposing Porsche's legal challenge to a new tax.
The Alliance Against Urban 4x4s has teamed up with Friends of the Earth and Greenpeace after the German car manufacturer took up a legal challenge against the mayor's new CO2 congestion charge for the worst polluting vehicles.
Blake Ludwig, director of the alliance, said: "Even with all of Porsche's sabre rattling, we know that charging the most polluting cars a higher congestion charge is very popular with the public.
"When we started campaigning for this measure in 2005, we asked 5,400 shoppers in central London their opinion and 85 per cent agreed with the idea.
You may also want to watch:
"With this new congestion charge helping to change people's buying habits, the pressure is now on manufacturers to produce and advertise cleaner cars for their UK customers.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat