46 bus driver took wrong turn to leave two passengers stranded in Belsize Village
- Credit: Archant
Belsize Crescent resident David Stark was stunned on Sunday night when he returned home to find the 46 bus stuck outside of his house.
The bus got stuck in the narrow Belsize street when its driver took a wrong turn at around half past midnight.
There were only two passengers on board, and when organising taxis was delayed, David took it upon himself to ferry the stranded pair to their homes in Maida Vale and Cricklewood.
David told this newspaper: “The driver had just got himself stuck. There were lots of parked cars and he was in a position where he couldn’t really move.
“I couldn’t really believe it.”
You may also want to watch:
TfL’s head of bus business development Tom Cunnington said: “We’re sorry that a route 46 was taken out of service in Belsize Park late on Sunday night.
“The route was on diversion due to a road closure for a Christmas fair, and the driver mistakenly took the wrong turn.”
- 1 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 4 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 5 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 9 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned