46 bus driver took wrong turn to leave two passengers stranded in Belsize Village
- Credit: Archant
Belsize Crescent resident David Stark was stunned on Sunday night when he returned home to find the 46 bus stuck outside of his house.
The bus got stuck in the narrow Belsize street when its driver took a wrong turn at around half past midnight.
There were only two passengers on board, and when organising taxis was delayed, David took it upon himself to ferry the stranded pair to their homes in Maida Vale and Cricklewood.
David told this newspaper: “The driver had just got himself stuck. There were lots of parked cars and he was in a position where he couldn’t really move.
“I couldn’t really believe it.”
You may also want to watch:
TfL’s head of bus business development Tom Cunnington said: “We’re sorry that a route 46 was taken out of service in Belsize Park late on Sunday night.
“The route was on diversion due to a road closure for a Christmas fair, and the driver mistakenly took the wrong turn.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 9 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'