46 bus driver took wrong turn to leave two passengers stranded in Belsize Village
- Credit: Archant
Belsize Crescent resident David Stark was stunned on Sunday night when he returned home to find the 46 bus stuck outside of his house.
The bus got stuck in the narrow Belsize street when its driver took a wrong turn at around half past midnight.
There were only two passengers on board, and when organising taxis was delayed, David took it upon himself to ferry the stranded pair to their homes in Maida Vale and Cricklewood.
David told this newspaper: “The driver had just got himself stuck. There were lots of parked cars and he was in a position where he couldn’t really move.
“I couldn’t really believe it.”
You may also want to watch:
TfL’s head of bus business development Tom Cunnington said: “We’re sorry that a route 46 was taken out of service in Belsize Park late on Sunday night.
“The route was on diversion due to a road closure for a Christmas fair, and the driver mistakenly took the wrong turn.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'