46 bus driver took wrong turn to leave two passengers stranded in Belsize Village
- Credit: Archant
Belsize Crescent resident David Stark was stunned on Sunday night when he returned home to find the 46 bus stuck outside of his house.
The bus got stuck in the narrow Belsize street when its driver took a wrong turn at around half past midnight.
There were only two passengers on board, and when organising taxis was delayed, David took it upon himself to ferry the stranded pair to their homes in Maida Vale and Cricklewood.
David told this newspaper: “The driver had just got himself stuck. There were lots of parked cars and he was in a position where he couldn’t really move.
“I couldn’t really believe it.”
You may also want to watch:
TfL’s head of bus business development Tom Cunnington said: “We’re sorry that a route 46 was taken out of service in Belsize Park late on Sunday night.
“The route was on diversion due to a road closure for a Christmas fair, and the driver mistakenly took the wrong turn.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up