40 people evacuated as fire breaks out at Dartmouth Park flats
- Credit: Archant
A fire at a blocks of flats in Dartmouth Park saw 40 people evacuated from their homes on Saturday night.
Fifty-eight firefighters tackled the blaze in York Rise until the early hours of Sunday morning, which raged through a fourth-floor flat and part of the roof.
Station manager Peter Dean said: “The fire spread quickly but swift action from crews limited the damage to the flats.”
The London Fire Brigade was called at 10.22pm on Saturday to the fire.
Forty residents had already been evacuated and temporarily moved to a local community centre.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was brought under control by 12.29am on Sunday.
The cause of the fire is unknown and under investigation.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'