38-year-old man dies after being hit by bus in East Finchley
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A 38-year-old man has died after being hit by a bus in East Finchley.
The man was struck by the bus on the northbound carriageway of High Road at 7.30am last Tuesday.
The bus driver stopped at the scene and the man was rushed to hospital by the London Ambulance Service in a critical condition.
He died of his injuries two days later.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are appealing for witnesses and information following the fatal collision.
Police believe they know the identity of the victim and next of kin have been informed, but his identity has not been released to the public.
Formal identification and a post-mortem examination is scheduled to take place soon.
- 1 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 2 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 3 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 4 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 5 Boy, 14, charged following Harringay Sainsbury's stabbing
- 6 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 7 Colourful Crouch End bollards to get a repaint due to 'safety' concerns
- 8 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 9 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 10 Care home opposite Kenwood labelled 'gross overdevelopment'
The bus driver stopped at the scene. No arrests have been made.
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call Det Sgt Cheryl Frost of the Serious Collision Investigating Unit on 020 8991 9555.