38-year-old man dies after being hit by bus in East Finchley
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A 38-year-old man has died after being hit by a bus in East Finchley.
The man was struck by the bus on the northbound carriageway of High Road at 7.30am last Tuesday.
The bus driver stopped at the scene and the man was rushed to hospital by the London Ambulance Service in a critical condition.
He died of his injuries two days later.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are appealing for witnesses and information following the fatal collision.
You may also want to watch:
Police believe they know the identity of the victim and next of kin have been informed, but his identity has not been released to the public.
Formal identification and a post-mortem examination is scheduled to take place soon.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 10 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
The bus driver stopped at the scene. No arrests have been made.
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call Det Sgt Cheryl Frost of the Serious Collision Investigating Unit on 020 8991 9555.