38-year-old man dies after being hit by bus in East Finchley
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A 38-year-old man has died after being hit by a bus in East Finchley.
The man was struck by the bus on the northbound carriageway of High Road at 7.30am last Tuesday.
The bus driver stopped at the scene and the man was rushed to hospital by the London Ambulance Service in a critical condition.
He died of his injuries two days later.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are appealing for witnesses and information following the fatal collision.
You may also want to watch:
Police believe they know the identity of the victim and next of kin have been informed, but his identity has not been released to the public.
Formal identification and a post-mortem examination is scheduled to take place soon.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 9 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 10 'Balanced diet vitally important for our mental health and wellbeing'
The bus driver stopped at the scene. No arrests have been made.
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call Det Sgt Cheryl Frost of the Serious Collision Investigating Unit on 020 8991 9555.