38-year-old man dies after being hit by bus in East Finchley
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A 38-year-old man has died after being hit by a bus in East Finchley.
The man was struck by the bus on the northbound carriageway of High Road at 7.30am last Tuesday.
The bus driver stopped at the scene and the man was rushed to hospital by the London Ambulance Service in a critical condition.
He died of his injuries two days later.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are appealing for witnesses and information following the fatal collision.
Police believe they know the identity of the victim and next of kin have been informed, but his identity has not been released to the public.
Formal identification and a post-mortem examination is scheduled to take place soon.
- 1 Olivia Newton-John: From West Hampstead to worldwide fame
- 2 Cycle lanes welcomed by riders but traders express frustration
- 3 'No one hurt' as branch crashes to ground at Hampstead Heath
- 4 Cement lorry leaks 'concrete puddle' onto Highgate road
- 5 Liz Truss backs a fully inclusive conversion therapy ban, says MP
- 6 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
- 7 Under-fire King William IV supporters rally behind pub with petition
- 8 Polio virus detected in sewage in Camden, Barnet, Haringey and Islington
- 9 Last unit in Belsize Villagee snapped up by wine outlet
- 10 Crouch End baker awarded Badge of the Order of Mercy for his charity work
The bus driver stopped at the scene. No arrests have been made.
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call Det Sgt Cheryl Frost of the Serious Collision Investigating Unit on 020 8991 9555.