38-year-old man dies after being hit by bus in East Finchley
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A 38-year-old man has died after being hit by a bus in East Finchley.
The man was struck by the bus on the northbound carriageway of High Road at 7.30am last Tuesday.
The bus driver stopped at the scene and the man was rushed to hospital by the London Ambulance Service in a critical condition.
He died of his injuries two days later.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are appealing for witnesses and information following the fatal collision.
You may also want to watch:
Police believe they know the identity of the victim and next of kin have been informed, but his identity has not been released to the public.
Formal identification and a post-mortem examination is scheduled to take place soon.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 5 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 6 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 9 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 10 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
The bus driver stopped at the scene. No arrests have been made.
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call Det Sgt Cheryl Frost of the Serious Collision Investigating Unit on 020 8991 9555.