Police have released new images of the last sightings of a man wanted after a corrosive substance was thrown over a mother and her two young daughters.

Abdul Ezedi was last seen at King's Cross Underground Station at 9pm on Wednesday (January 31) having also been sighted at the station an hour earlier en route to Caledonian Road, Islington.

Police are hunting for Ezedi after an attack with a corrosive substance in Clapham left the mum and her two daughters, aged three and eight, in hospital.

Police sat it is likely the mother suffered life-changing injuries.

Metropolitan Police commander Jon Savell said: “Following the attack, we know he travelled from Clapham South Underground Station to King’s Cross Underground Station and I want to appeal for anyone who may have seen him travelling on this route between 7.30pm and 8pm.

“The latest confirmed sighting of the suspect is at exactly 9pm, when he is seen boarding an underground tube at Kings Cross station on the Victoria line southbound.

“As you have seen from the image we have released of Abdul Ezedi, he has suffered a serious facial injury.

"I’m making a direct appeal – hand yourself into police, not only so we can speak to you, but so you can get the urgent medical treatment you obviously need."

The Met commander thanked police teams, the public and the media for sharing the appeals for information following the incident in Clapham, which he said "has caused a great deal of public concern".

Ham & High: A second sighting of Abdul Ezedi at King's Cross Underground Station on Wednesday January 31A second sighting of Abdul Ezedi at King's Cross Underground Station on Wednesday January 31 (Image: Met)

He added: “We have received dozens of calls of possible sightings of Abdul Ezedi and every single one has been followed up and investigated.

“Fast-paced enquiries, led by senior detectives have been carried out in the past 24 hours to trace the whereabouts of the suspect."

Commander Savell said five search warrants were carried out overnight, including at two addresses in east London and three in Newcastle.

He added: “Two empty containers with corrosive warnings on the label were found at an address in Newcastle.

"Forensic tests are currently ongoing to see if the containers held the substance used in the attack in Clapham."

Giving an update on the condition of the mother and her two daughters who were injured he said: “The mother, aged 31, remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital. It is likely she has suffered life-changing injuries as a result of this incident.

"The two children, aged three and eight, also remain in hospital. However, I’m pleased to report that doctors have now assessed their injuries as not life-changing.

“The three women and a man who bravely came to the aid of the family, have all been discharged from hospital with minor burns.

"I am also glad to update that the five officers injured have all now returned to duty."

Here is a timeline of Ezedi’s movements on January 31

  • 12.15am – Ezedi’s vehicle is seen in Newcastle
  • 6.30am – His vehicle is then seen traveling into Tooting, London
  • 4.30pm – A further sighting of his vehicle is confirmed in Croydon
  • 7.00pm – He is then seen driving in Streatham
  • 7.25pm – Attack takes place in Lessar Avenue, Clapham, before Ezedi makes off in his car which crashes nearby. He leaves the car and flees.
  • 7.33pm – Ezedi boards a train at Clapham South Tube Station.
  • 7.59pm – He is then seen leaving that train at King’s Cross Tube Station.
  • 8.42pm – He is then seen on CCTV leaving Tesco at 21 Caledonian Road and turning right.
  • 9pm - Ezedi enters King’s Cross Tube Station and boards a Victoria Line tube Southbound.

Commander Savell added: "Any members of the public with any information about the attack or the whereabouts of Abdul Ezedi are asked to call 020 7175 2784. I also ask anyone with any video footage, including video doorbell or dashboard cameras to please contact us immediately.

"I would also like to reiterate the fact that if you see Ezedi, call 999 immediately. He should NOT be approached."