A "predatory" Highgate man has avoided jail after breaching a Sexual Risk Order previously given because of his "sinister" behaviour towards women.

Sada Adem, 30, of Archway Road, was sentenced to a 12 month custodial sentence, suspended for two years, at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today (March 30).

He must also undertake 48 days of rehabilitation and 35 sessions of the Met's Horizon programme, which is an intervention delivered to men who have a sexual conviction.

Adem will also be GPS monitored and on curfew for 12 months from 9pm to 7am, Thursday to Sunday.

He was also disqualified from driving for two years and must pay £622 in costs.

The Sexual Risk Order (SRO) will remain live for five years, which prohibits him from approaching, communicating and following lone women at any time in any area.

PC Natalie Scagliarini said: "The actions of Adem were sinister and predatory. He used transport hubs and doorways to hide in darkness, waiting for women in vulnerable situations who simply wanted to get home safely.

"By utilising the SRO, Adem has been given a strict set of restrictions and rehabilitation requirements that he must adhere to.

"As a woman, a Londoner and a police officer, I am proud to work for the Met Police carrying out our priority in making London safer for all women.”

An off duty detective saw Adem following various women who were making their way home from a night out in Clapham Junction in November 2022.

Adem left the area before uniformed officers could arrive however officers were able to identify him and determined he lived in Haringey.

Local officers looked at intelligence and linked him to further reports of harassing and stalking young women in the area.

Within a few days, PC Scagliarini had worked to impose an interim SRO on him.

In the following weeks, police saw that Adem was venturing out in his car across London in the early hours and frequenting busy night time economy areas, suggesting that he was breaching his order.

In March, specialist officers captured Adem at a bar in Knightsbridge.

Police said when he left the premises in the early hours he approached a lone woman and attempted to coerce her into his car.

Uniformed officers moved in and he was arrested and subsequently charged with breaching the order on March 4.

He pleaded guilty two days later at Highbury Corer Magistrates’ Court.