A jealous lover recently released from prison killed his former partner and a man he believed had 'taken advantage' of her.

Lee Peacock, 50, of Harrow Road, Maida Hill, was convicted at the Old Bailey today (January 31) of murdering Sharon Pickles and Clinton Ashmore.

Peacock told police he had planned to kill four people he felt had ‘taken advantage’ of Sharon while he was in prison.

But when she laughed after he told her he was going to kill one man, he killed her before killing Clinton Ashmore just hours later.

READ MORE: ULEZ scrappage scheme announced ahead of expansion – here is what it offers

Detective Chief Inspector Wayne Jolley, of the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “Lee Peacock had recently been released from prison and was determined to blame others for his partner, Sharon, having moved on with her life while he was incarcerated. He was ruthless, murderous and had decided he was going to kill people.”

Officers attended 46-year-old Sharon's home in Ashbridge Street, Marylebone, at 9.30pm on August 19, 2021, after concerns were raised for her welfare.

Peacock had told a family member that he had killed three people.

Ham & High: Victim Sharon PicklesVictim Sharon Pickles (Image: MEt)

Inside, officers found Sharon’s body hidden under a bed. Her throat had been cut and a note, signed by Peacock, was found at the scene, Scotland Yard said.

A murder investigation was launched and later that same day officers recovered CCTV footage of Peacock walking with 59-year-old Clinton Ashmore towards his flat.

Peacock left the flat 15 minutes later wearing a dark coloured hoodie. When he went in, he had been wearing a polo shirt.
Ham & High: Victim Clinton AshmoreVictim Clinton Ashmore (Image: Met)

At 2.15am on August 20, friends of Clinton found him fatally injured with a knife injury to the throat at his home in Jerome Crescent, St John's Wood, and called the London Ambulance Service.

Police were called to the address, where Clinton was pronounced dead. He had also suffered a knife injury to the throat.

Peacock had killed Clinton with the same knife he used to murder Sharon. 

A manhunt was launched and six days later, Peacock was found aboard a houseboat on the Grand Union Canal.

When officers arrived to arrest him, he tried to cut his own throat, but was restrained by officers and was taken to hospital for treatment and arrested the following day.

Sharon Pickles' family said in a statement: “As a family it’s been an incredibly difficult time for us losing our loved one in this way, but we finally have justice for our beloved daughter, sister and mother Sharon.

“Our hearts are broken and she will be missed dearly."

They thanked the police, prosecution and witness services "for supporting us during this time and the dignity and respect they have shown Sharon". 

Clinton Ashmore’s family said: “Clint was a pure and beautiful soul. His kindness, wit, humour and gentleness were what stood out most about him but more than anything, he was loved.

“Clint touched so many lives in so many ways. He shone brightly in this world but his light was cruelly put out by someone who gave no thought or care to the impact of his actions.

"The world has lost one of the good ones but our family and his loved ones have lost the best."

DCI Jolley added: “Peacock is a violent and murderous individual who has taken the lives of two people for no better reason than satisfying his own craving for violence.

“His not guilty plea meant that the families of the victims had to endure the anguish of hearing the horrific details of his offences in court. My thoughts are with them all today.”

Peacock was remanded in custody to appear for sentencing tomorrow at the same court.

For the latest crime news in North London, join our North London Crime Watch group on Facebook