11-year-old Camden ballerina to star in professional production of Swan Lake
- Credit: Archant
A budding Camden ballerina has been chosen from hundreds of eager young dancers to star in a professional production of Swan Lake this autumn.
Phoebe Armstrong is only 11 but she has just been selected to perform in her third full-length professional ballet with the English Youth Ballet company.
Phoebe, who lives in Clarkson Row, Mornington Crescent, has been dancing since she was three.
She went through a gruelling audition process with 250 hopeful young dancers, aged between eight and 18, fighting for 100 spots in the production, to be performed in Oxford.
She is now in the middle of rehearsals for the show, which takes place later this month.
You may also want to watch:
Phoebe’s mother Hani said: “Her legs have been aching this week! She’s so young but I think she would like to take ballet further.”
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101