11-year-old Camden ballerina to star in professional production of Swan Lake
- Credit: Archant
A budding Camden ballerina has been chosen from hundreds of eager young dancers to star in a professional production of Swan Lake this autumn.
Phoebe Armstrong is only 11 but she has just been selected to perform in her third full-length professional ballet with the English Youth Ballet company.
Phoebe, who lives in Clarkson Row, Mornington Crescent, has been dancing since she was three.
She went through a gruelling audition process with 250 hopeful young dancers, aged between eight and 18, fighting for 100 spots in the production, to be performed in Oxford.
She is now in the middle of rehearsals for the show, which takes place later this month.
You may also want to watch:
Phoebe’s mother Hani said: “Her legs have been aching this week! She’s so young but I think she would like to take ballet further.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'