11-year-old Camden ballerina to star in professional production of Swan Lake
- Credit: Archant
A budding Camden ballerina has been chosen from hundreds of eager young dancers to star in a professional production of Swan Lake this autumn.
Phoebe Armstrong is only 11 but she has just been selected to perform in her third full-length professional ballet with the English Youth Ballet company.
Phoebe, who lives in Clarkson Row, Mornington Crescent, has been dancing since she was three.
She went through a gruelling audition process with 250 hopeful young dancers, aged between eight and 18, fighting for 100 spots in the production, to be performed in Oxford.
She is now in the middle of rehearsals for the show, which takes place later this month.
You may also want to watch:
Phoebe’s mother Hani said: “Her legs have been aching this week! She’s so young but I think she would like to take ballet further.”
- 1 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 5 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again