11-year-old Camden ballerina to star in professional production of Swan Lake
- Credit: Archant
A budding Camden ballerina has been chosen from hundreds of eager young dancers to star in a professional production of Swan Lake this autumn.
Phoebe Armstrong is only 11 but she has just been selected to perform in her third full-length professional ballet with the English Youth Ballet company.
Phoebe, who lives in Clarkson Row, Mornington Crescent, has been dancing since she was three.
She went through a gruelling audition process with 250 hopeful young dancers, aged between eight and 18, fighting for 100 spots in the production, to be performed in Oxford.
She is now in the middle of rehearsals for the show, which takes place later this month.
You may also want to watch:
Phoebe’s mother Hani said: “Her legs have been aching this week! She’s so young but I think she would like to take ballet further.”
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 5 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation