Will Jenna Coleman and Tom Hughes be the next celebrities to live in Kentish Town?
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Dr Who actress, Jenna Coleman, and her Victoria co-star, Tom Hughes, were spotted viewing a £2million house in the area this weekend.
The 30-year-old actors who appear in the ITV series Victoria spent the weekend in one of north London’s favourite pursuits – shopping for property.
They were spotted viewing a period house in Kentish Town, which is on the market for £2million plus.
The house was built in the 1840s and retains many of the original features – a handy historical reference point for the pair, who star as Queen Victoria and her husband Prince Albert on screen.
The television show of Victoria has been credited with heralding a new enthusiasm for Victorian interiors, a trend the stars could take inspiration from when decorating the characterful semi, which the agent describes as “in need of refurbishment”.
If they move in they’ll join fellow KTown actors Bill Nighy and Tom Hiddleston.
You may also want to watch:
Both Hughes and Coleman hail originally from the North West of England, so an NW postcode might help them feel at home in the capital.
Coleman’s breakthrough role was as the Doctor’s assistant next to fellow north Londoner, Muswell Hill’s Peter Capaldi as Dr Who. Prince Albert is Hughes’ first major role following several parts in British films and TV dramas.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 10 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs