What does a ‘kitchen for men’ look like?
- Credit: Archant
Porsche branding, aluminium and carbon fibre units, a built-in coffee machine, a whiskey decanter and glasses and a starting price of £100,000 – but no oven
The Poggenpohl P’7340 has been billed by the high-end German kitchen brand as a kitchen for men.
Designed in collaboration with Porsche Design, a leading luxury men’s accessories brand, the kitchen uses materials more commonly associated with sports cars including an aluminium frame, carbon fibre doors and glass worktops.
Precision technology and engineering have been used in the handle-free door and drawer fronts, which operate with finger touch assisted opening and have a soft close mechanism, as well as in the multifunctional integrated lighting system.
The collaboration between the two brands was founded in 2005 in response to a noticeable increase in the number of men showing an interest in kitchen and cuisine, but the display at the showroom at Norman Glenn on Finchley Road – the only UK outlet with a show kitchen for the line – doesn’t even include an oven.
You may also want to watch:
Norman Glenn explain that this is principally due to space constraints in the dedicated Porsche/Poggenpohl showroom annex and that the kitchen can be and often is supplied with an oven.
However, the omission of a crucial cooking device in favour of large fridge, coffee machine and whiskey decanter also results from a feeling that male customers might not feel the need to cook.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
Yogesh Dhokia, showroom manager at Norman Glenn said: “We are delighted to be the only Poggenpohl showroom in the UK to have the P’7340 kitchen on display.
“The kitchen has already sold well in Germany, apparently one or two Premier League footballers have bought it, and our new showroom is now generating interest from London customers too.”