What does a ‘kitchen for men’ look like?
- Credit: Archant
Porsche branding, aluminium and carbon fibre units, a built-in coffee machine, a whiskey decanter and glasses and a starting price of £100,000 – but no oven
The Poggenpohl P’7340 has been billed by the high-end German kitchen brand as a kitchen for men.
Designed in collaboration with Porsche Design, a leading luxury men’s accessories brand, the kitchen uses materials more commonly associated with sports cars including an aluminium frame, carbon fibre doors and glass worktops.
Precision technology and engineering have been used in the handle-free door and drawer fronts, which operate with finger touch assisted opening and have a soft close mechanism, as well as in the multifunctional integrated lighting system.
The collaboration between the two brands was founded in 2005 in response to a noticeable increase in the number of men showing an interest in kitchen and cuisine, but the display at the showroom at Norman Glenn on Finchley Road – the only UK outlet with a show kitchen for the line – doesn’t even include an oven.
You may also want to watch:
Norman Glenn explain that this is principally due to space constraints in the dedicated Porsche/Poggenpohl showroom annex and that the kitchen can be and often is supplied with an oven.
However, the omission of a crucial cooking device in favour of large fridge, coffee machine and whiskey decanter also results from a feeling that male customers might not feel the need to cook.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 5 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 6 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 7 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 8 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
Yogesh Dhokia, showroom manager at Norman Glenn said: “We are delighted to be the only Poggenpohl showroom in the UK to have the P’7340 kitchen on display.
“The kitchen has already sold well in Germany, apparently one or two Premier League footballers have bought it, and our new showroom is now generating interest from London customers too.”