West Hampstead estate agency bought by Hamptons International
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
North west London estate agent firm Greene & Co has been bought by Hamptons International, part of the UK’s largest property services group.
Established in West Hampstead in 1981, Greene & Co expanded to include offices in Maida Vale, Crouch End, Belsize Park, Kensal Rise, Queen’s Park and Clerkenwell.
The acquisition also includes the London-wide sister company, Urban Spaces, which specialises in residential lofts.
Phil Tennant, Chief Operating Officer of Hamptons International, said: “Greene & Co represents one of London’s most successful estate agency brands, with a clear identity and strong market share.
“The organisation provides a fantastic geographic fit with strong offices in key London locations that will provide a natural link with Hamptons offices in North and Central London.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very much looking forward to sharing with staff and customers of Greene & Co the wider benefits of being part of a larger network, and look forward to meeting our new colleagues and their local communities in due course.”
Managing director David Pollock has led Greene & Co for nearly 20 years and he will now step down from his role.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 9 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
Mr Pollock is widely regarded as an industry expert and has published a book on property titled 101 things your estate agent should tell you when buying or selling a property.
He said: “Since joining Greene & Co in 1985, I have seen the business go from strength to strength and am proud have led and managed the company to become one of north London’s most esteemed market players.
“I have no doubt that under the Hamptons International umbrella the company will continue to prosper. I believe that they offer the vision, backing and support required to take the business to the next level, and will also offer our valued staff and clients a wealth of opportunity and additional benefits.
“I know that Hamptons will retain what it is and what it means to be part of Greene & Co and I look forward to seeing the next chapter unfold in the company’s history.”