Want Kate Moss to decorate your home? You could be in luck
- Credit: Archant
The Highgate supermodel is branching out from fashion into interior design and launched her first project this month, a woodland new build in the Cotswolds, where Moss has a second home.
The five-bedroom property is part of a collection of luxury second homes by developer yoo, which boasts Philippe Starck as a founder member and counts Moss’s friend Jade Jagger and Kelly Hoppen among its stable of designers.
The Barnhouse resembles a woodland chalet with its pitched roof and use of local materials including Cotswold stone cladding.
The tranquil retreat has huge gable windows allowing elements of the outside in, particularly in the double height reception room where earthy base tones are contrasted with jewel bright soft furnishings: statement pieces include velvet sofas in teal and chartreuse, and indigo kitchen cabinets with Crittall glass doors and brass handles.
As Moss says: “We have created a luxurious haven in the woods, a perfect place to escape with family and friends.”
You may also want to watch:
An enormous log burner adds a cosy centrepiece, while bespoke furnishings were created by West Country craftsman David Haddock, who built a dressing room in the model’s Highgate home.
Pop culture references abound throughout the house, with a TV cabinet featuring a silver lightning bolt an homage to David Bowie’s glam era make up, alongside artworks by Damien Hirst, Jake and Dinos Chapman and Chris Levine.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
There is also a photograph by Pop artist Allen Jones featuring one of the ultimate pop culture icons, Kate Moss herself, in the upstairs en suite bathroom – is she the only interior designer who could get away with hanging her own photo in a property? Quite possibly.
While the focus of the house is undoubtedly the communal living/party spaces, the bedrooms are also striking with House of Hackney’s re-invented Victoriana featuring against shades of grey, sumptuous carpets, furry throws and the reflective glory of the four-poster stainless steel box bed.
The house exudes a very Kate Moss-style loucheness with rock’n’roll elements, rubbing up against Hollywood glamour and a smattering of sexy Victoriana. The house is being billed as a family hideaway, but its true calling is clearly as a decadent party house – a little piece of Primrose Hill in the Cotswolds.
The Barnhouse at The Lakes by yoo development is on the market with prices starting from £2.5 million