Under the hammer: A period cottage in Hampstead Village
- Credit: Archant
A two-bedroom period cottage in the heart of Hampstead is up for auction at Savills’ sale next Tuesday, 28th October.
The house on Perrins Court is a charming three storey terraced house within seconds of Hampstead Village’s main attractions.
Valued at £800,000+, the recently refurbished property would be an excellent purchase for someone hoping to buy quickly.
Chris Coleman-Smith, head of the auctions team at Savills said: “This is a nice property in the middle of Hampstead in reasonable condition.
It’s a good buy at that level and the price should go up from there but you should never presume with auctions.”
You may also want to watch:
For Coleman-Smith, the biggest advantage of selling or buying a property at auction is the timescale: sellers can make a quick sale, while buyers get their property on the day.
While he admits auctions can be nerve-wracking for first timers, his top tip is to be aggressive with the price.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
“If it’s owner occupation, buyers can be a bit emotional about it but you just have to think ‘If it doesn’t work out then on to the next one.’ That’s the best attitude to have.”
Since next Tuesday’s auction includes properties from all over the country, if you get carried away, you never know what you could go home with.
Further details are available in the online catalogue (Lot 86)