Try the app that will revolutionise your property search
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Trying to contrast and compare between postcodes can be daunting, which is why OneDome created postode comparison tool Locality Reality to empower users with data
North Londoners are fiercely loyal to their postcode.
Asking someone to debate the difference between NW3 and NW6 could lead to a heated dinner party debate.
Postcode loyalty aside, one property technology start up OneDome could settle the argument once and for all.
Locality Reality is a tool that allows users to enter a postcode and receive its score out of 10.
In fact, it was the debates that inspired Babek Ismayil, CEO of OneDome, to come up with the concept of ‘explore and score’.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ismayil said:
“The idea struck me after noticing a pattern where people repeatedly had healthy debates about their respective areas. Their conversations would revolve around whose area was safer, had better schools, or better shopping facilities.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
When some close friends had a baby and started looking to move to a more family friendly area, he realised that there was no single resource that could provide unbiased, verifiable data in a simple format that allowed for easy comparison.
He enlisted the help of two PhD data scientists to crunch the numbers and develop a system of seven key scoring criteria.
Users can enter their postcode – or the postcode of a property they are considering – and receive a score based on transport, education, safety, quietness, lifestyle, green credentials, and even proximity to the supermarket.
Mr Ismayil hopes that by bringing a scientific approach to property searches he can enable people to make informed choices, particularly in an expensive borough like Camden.
“We pay a big premium for location. It’s time to put this into perspective – is it really worth it?” he said.
He added: “Most home buyers and renters are queuing for that “one area” everyone wants to move to. What we have developed is a tool that allows people to discover areas that could be more suited, and even more accessible. We empower everyone to discover their own “best area” using a data-powered engine as their trusted guide.”
Of course, there’s only so much data can tell you about the feel of an area - check out our library of north London area guides for the human touch when it comes to your property search.