Top three striking staircases
- Credit: Archant
Staircases have an obvious practical purpose but have you ever thought of making yours more of a feature in your property? Glass, wood and even concrete can all help make them a significant focal point.
Cannon Place, Hampstead, NW3, £7,500,000
A beautifully arranged end of terrace family house “between the Heath and the High Street”. The open plan family kitchen breakfast room has access to the enclosed west facing garden. There is also a reception room, drawing room and family room. The six bedrooms include a principal bedroom suite, two further bedrooms have en-suite shower rooms and there’s a family bathroom. Off street parking with an electric gate is provided for two cars. A primarily south facing side and rear garden is laid to lawn with mature trees and shrubs.
Dalesham Mews, Belsize Village, NW3, £3,499,950
A triple fronted, four bedroom house in this quiet cobbled mews close to both Hampstead and Belsize villages. The property, designed and built to much architectural acclaim, has bright accommodation. Itincludes a spectacular circular reception room on the top (second) floor with 360 degree views, surrounded by a 53ft south facing decked roof terrace. The imaginatively conceived staircase is covered by an atrium, allowing in plenty of light. There is an integral double width garage and parking in the mews.
You may also want to watch:
Woronzow Road, St John’s Wood, NW8, £4,650,000
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
A four-floor Victorian house which, after a complete redevelopment, offers a striking contemporary interior with a newly created lower ground floor. The 2,724sqft house has an impressive feature staircase running through the centre of the house, bright open plan ground floor reception spaces leading onto a rear terrace and a large lower floor kitchen/entertaining area. Woronzow Road is a quiet and highly sought after street on the east side of St John’s Wood within a few minutes’ walk of St John’s Wood High Street and a short distance from Regents Park.