Top 5 student “essentials” to take to university
- Credit: Archant
Let’s be honest, your parents have probably already sorted you out with the real basics of student living (and if not check out mystudentessentials.co.uk for everything from packs of bed linen to kitchen sets). This top five might not be quite essential but they will make your student life a little more luxurious and fun.
Cuisipro Parmesan cheese grater – available from amazon.co.uk, £24.37
You may be living off baked beans and pasta, but you don’t have to feel like you are. Buy some fancy cheese from one of north London’s many delis and use this two-way grater to jazz up your mealtimes.
Brooklyn laundry bag – available from John Lewis, £15.00
Don’t forget that in many halls of residence you won’t have access to a washing machine. This snazzy laundry bag means that you’ll never have to face the shame of your dirty underwear falling out of a split plastic bag as you head to the laundrette. Just make sure you’ve got enough coins with you before making the journey.
You may also want to watch:
Nutribullet – available from John Lewis, £79.50-£84.99
Hungover from freshers’ week? No longer. The Nutribullet is the latest gadget on the market that whizzes up fresh fruit and veg to give you that injection of vitamin C exactly when you need it. And it’s a handy tool for making fruit based cocktails too!
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 6 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 7 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 8 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
Cocktail shaker – available from Tiger (Finchley Road), £5.99
This fun cocktail shaker is cheap as chips and it comes with recipes for cocktails on the side. There’s nothing more fun than making a big mess in your halls kitchen with your new friends while attempting to make mojitos, so this is a good utensil to have in the cupboard.
Owl onesie – avialble from kigu.co.uk, £39.99
With this cute snowy owl onsie from Asian inspired company Kigu you’ll never been in need of a fancy dress costume again. Not only are onsies a strong look for everything from freshers’ week to Halloween, they also can be used as the cosiest of pyjamas in your new, freezing, student house.