Top 3 properties with lots of natural light
- Credit: Archant
The clocks have changed, which means short winter evenings have arrived. Here are three north London properties that let in lots of light – to allay the onset of SAD
Fellows Road, NW3, £1,550,000
This three-bedroom maisonette set over the raised and lower ground floors of a semi-detached Victorian home has floor-to-ceiling glass sliding doors on both floors, on the first floor leading from the modern kitchen to a large sun terrace and on the lower floor leading straight on to the garden. The bay window at the front of the flat also allows sunlight in at various times of day.
West Heath Road, NW3, £2,750,000
This three-bedroom flat in a contemporary development in Hampstead is full of floor-to-ceiling windows, used to particularly winter-busting effect in the master bedroom, which has dual-aspect views with the unusual corner window. A large terrace leading off the reception room also boasts panoramic views over London – equally spectacular after dark.
You may also want to watch:
Church Row, NW3, £6,250,000
The original owners of this early 18th century double fronted house certainly didn’t fear the window tax – the property’s first floor reception room boasts five long sash windows facing onto one of Hampstead village’s most impressive streets. The master bedroom extends across the full breadth of the house with windows on both sides, while the rear conservatory offers a sheltered view of the elements. In the 1860s the house served as a Girls’ Reformatory School and sometime later, in the 1890s, as an Industrial School for girls. It now comes to the market for the first time in 30 years.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 9 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath