Top 3 properties with double height ceilings
- Credit: Archant
Above the vaulted sky - or at least a vaulted ceiling. Double height rooms allow for an abundance of space and natural light in these three properties currently for sale
Ryland Road, Kentish Town, NW5, £1,050,000
This two double bedroom Victorian property offers an open plan entertaining space with a double height vaulted ceiling on the first floor, along with a galleried study, kitchen, large bathroom and a secluded courtyard garden. A modern kitchen and bathroom compliments the original period features including a cast iron fireplace, wooden floors and large sash windows.
Bishopswood Road, Highgate, N6, £1,995,000
Built in 1973 by Modernist architects Stout and Litchfield, the centrepiece of the bedroom property is a dramatic double height reception room with full height glazed windows opening on to a balcony and a spiral staircase leading to a courtyard garden. Open-tread staircases link a series of half levels maximising natural light and connecting the reception rooms and four bedrooms.
You may also want to watch:
Wharf Road, King’s Cross, N1, £1,350,000
Overlooking the marina, this two bedroom penthouse apartment is set in a converted warehouse and features exposed brickwork, original wooden beams, wood floors and double height ceilings. Dual aspect south and west facing windows, Juliet balconies and a sky light flood the space with natural light. The newly regenerated area of King’s Cross is on the doorstep.
- 1 Mikel Arteta in dark over format of Arsenal and Benfica's Europa League tie
- 2 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 3 Arsenal forward Katie Godden joins Charlton Athletic
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 8 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 9 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 10 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway