Top 3 properties in Hampstead Garden Suburb
- Credit: Archant
Property in Hampstead Garden Suburb remains true to Henrietta Barnett’s original Arts & Crafts vision, but prices have soared, meaning this enclave, which was designed to be socially mixed, now has a well-deserved reputation for exclusivity
Cornwood Close, N2 , £1,150,000
This three-bedroom semi-detached cottage offers a glimpse of Henrietta Barnett’s vision for the Suburb when it was first built.
An ideal family home, the property also has potential for expansion in the undeveloped loft.
Bishops Avenue, N2, £4,000,000
A double-fronted detached house, set away from the road behind a secluded garden. The property has six bedrooms, as well as substantial family and entertaining space on the lower floors.
There is also a double garage accessed from a private road, offering secure off-street parking.
- 1 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 2 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 3 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 4 George Michael's Highgate piano to be auctioned off
- 5 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 6 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 7 'Do the right thing': Locket containing baby's ashes stolen from car
- 8 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 9 Bow Lock murder: Victim's two girlfriends give evidence at Old Bailey
- 10 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
The Halcyon, N2, £32,000,000
This lavish house sitting on private, gated Winnington Road – one of London’s most exclusive – comes with a full leisure suite, including indoor swimming pool, cinema, luxury treatment and massage room, wine lounge and gymnasium.
Next to this (and the staff quarters, multi-car garage, bespoke designer kitchen and majestic landscaped garden) the property’s seven bedrooms seem almost prosaic.