Top 3 properties in Hampstead Garden Suburb
- Credit: Archant
Property in Hampstead Garden Suburb remains true to Henrietta Barnett’s original Arts & Crafts vision, but prices have soared, meaning this enclave, which was designed to be socially mixed, now has a well-deserved reputation for exclusivity
Cornwood Close, N2 , £1,150,000
This three-bedroom semi-detached cottage offers a glimpse of Henrietta Barnett’s vision for the Suburb when it was first built.
An ideal family home, the property also has potential for expansion in the undeveloped loft.
Bishops Avenue, N2, £4,000,000
A double-fronted detached house, set away from the road behind a secluded garden. The property has six bedrooms, as well as substantial family and entertaining space on the lower floors.
There is also a double garage accessed from a private road, offering secure off-street parking.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 5 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 10 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
The Halcyon, N2, £32,000,000
This lavish house sitting on private, gated Winnington Road – one of London’s most exclusive – comes with a full leisure suite, including indoor swimming pool, cinema, luxury treatment and massage room, wine lounge and gymnasium.
Next to this (and the staff quarters, multi-car garage, bespoke designer kitchen and majestic landscaped garden) the property’s seven bedrooms seem almost prosaic.