Top 3 properties in Hampstead Garden Suburb
- Credit: Archant
Property in Hampstead Garden Suburb remains true to Henrietta Barnett’s original Arts & Crafts vision, but prices have soared, meaning this enclave, which was designed to be socially mixed, now has a well-deserved reputation for exclusivity
Cornwood Close, N2 , £1,150,000
This three-bedroom semi-detached cottage offers a glimpse of Henrietta Barnett’s vision for the Suburb when it was first built.
An ideal family home, the property also has potential for expansion in the undeveloped loft.
Bishops Avenue, N2, £4,000,000
You may also want to watch:
A double-fronted detached house, set away from the road behind a secluded garden. The property has six bedrooms, as well as substantial family and entertaining space on the lower floors.
There is also a double garage accessed from a private road, offering secure off-street parking.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
The Halcyon, N2, £32,000,000
This lavish house sitting on private, gated Winnington Road – one of London’s most exclusive – comes with a full leisure suite, including indoor swimming pool, cinema, luxury treatment and massage room, wine lounge and gymnasium.
Next to this (and the staff quarters, multi-car garage, bespoke designer kitchen and majestic landscaped garden) the property’s seven bedrooms seem almost prosaic.