Top 3 pied a terres to downsize to
- Credit: Archant
It’s not an empty nest, it’s an opportunity. Inner London lateral living is a popular choice for a generation of high-end downsizers
Buckland Crescent, Hampstead, NW3, £1,775,000
Perfect for an active gardener you won’t have to compromise on outside space at this two-bedroom garden flat, while the summer house and conservatory can be enjoyed in less clement weather. There’s also plentiful kitchen and entertaining space if you’re used to family-size living areas.
Langland Gardens, Hampstead, NW3, £1,765,000
If you want to continue hosting friends and family, the five bedrooms in this first floor apartment will be a godsend, otherwise revel in a home gym, sitting room, study and library. The flat is in a portered mansion block with access to two acres of communal gardens, a lift and a private balcony, close to both Hampstead and Finchley Road tubes.
You may also want to watch:
Abbey Road, St John’s Wood, NW8, £2,150,000
This three-bedroom flat is just opposite Abbey Road Studios, perfect for re-living memories of The Beatles’ music from the days when they were still fab. The mansion flat is in a block with a concierge and a lift and has two spacious reception rooms, two bathrooms and a separate utility room.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago