Top 3 pied a terres to downsize to
- Credit: Archant
It’s not an empty nest, it’s an opportunity. Inner London lateral living is a popular choice for a generation of high-end downsizers
Buckland Crescent, Hampstead, NW3, £1,775,000
Perfect for an active gardener you won’t have to compromise on outside space at this two-bedroom garden flat, while the summer house and conservatory can be enjoyed in less clement weather. There’s also plentiful kitchen and entertaining space if you’re used to family-size living areas.
Langland Gardens, Hampstead, NW3, £1,765,000
If you want to continue hosting friends and family, the five bedrooms in this first floor apartment will be a godsend, otherwise revel in a home gym, sitting room, study and library. The flat is in a portered mansion block with access to two acres of communal gardens, a lift and a private balcony, close to both Hampstead and Finchley Road tubes.
You may also want to watch:
Abbey Road, St John’s Wood, NW8, £2,150,000
This three-bedroom flat is just opposite Abbey Road Studios, perfect for re-living memories of The Beatles’ music from the days when they were still fab. The mansion flat is in a block with a concierge and a lift and has two spacious reception rooms, two bathrooms and a separate utility room.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid