Top 3 Georgian properties for sale in north London
- Credit: Archant
Properties from the Georgian era (1714-1830) are less common in Hampstead and Highgate than in areas like Islington, but some of the houses from this period that do exist are among the most beautiful of their kind. We’ve rounded up three of the best currently on the market
Flask Walk, Hampstead, NW3, £1,700,000
This two-bedroom end-of-terrace cottage – one of eight built in 1811 – is on one of Hampstead’s prettiest and best known streets. It has a west-facing courtyard garden with its own side entrance and the simple interiors complement the period exterior.
North Hill, Highgate, N6, £1,250,000
Set back and elevated from the road is this charming Grade II-listed Georgian cottage, which has plenty of scope for modernisation inside. The house features a delightful mature rear garden and an integral garage and off-street parking, unusual for the area.
You may also want to watch:
North End, Hampstead Heath, NW3, £4,250,000
A beautiful Grade II-listed family house, located in the hamlet of North End, a rural setting steps from Hampstead Heath. The four/five bedroom house was the former home of William Pitts, farm manager, built c.1770 and is arranged over four floors. It has been beautifully refurbished and extended by the current owners and features a guest suite located within a former detached studio that can be accessed from the main house or its own independent entrance.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale