Top 3 Georgian properties for sale in north London
- Credit: Archant
Properties from the Georgian era (1714-1830) are less common in Hampstead and Highgate than in areas like Islington, but some of the houses from this period that do exist are among the most beautiful of their kind. We’ve rounded up three of the best currently on the market
Flask Walk, Hampstead, NW3, £1,700,000
This two-bedroom end-of-terrace cottage – one of eight built in 1811 – is on one of Hampstead’s prettiest and best known streets. It has a west-facing courtyard garden with its own side entrance and the simple interiors complement the period exterior.
North Hill, Highgate, N6, £1,250,000
Set back and elevated from the road is this charming Grade II-listed Georgian cottage, which has plenty of scope for modernisation inside. The house features a delightful mature rear garden and an integral garage and off-street parking, unusual for the area.
You may also want to watch:
North End, Hampstead Heath, NW3, £4,250,000
A beautiful Grade II-listed family house, located in the hamlet of North End, a rural setting steps from Hampstead Heath. The four/five bedroom house was the former home of William Pitts, farm manager, built c.1770 and is arranged over four floors. It has been beautifully refurbished and extended by the current owners and features a guest suite located within a former detached studio that can be accessed from the main house or its own independent entrance.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill