Tom Dixon kicks off series of architecture and design events in Kings Cross
- Credit: Contributed
Architecture and design discussion group New London Architecture will be hosting a series of dinners at Spiritland in Kings Cross this summer, starting with an event featuring renowned furniture, lighting and home accessory designer Tom Dixon, on Thursday, July 26.
The event series invites the public to hear from leading designers and architects who are instrumental to the transformation of Kings Cross. Over a three-course dinner they will discuss their work between playing their favourite music, at audio-cafe and restaurant Spiritland in Kings Cross.
On July 26, the public are invited to an exclusive tour of the new Tom Dixon studios, between six and 10.30pm, led by Tom himself, followed by dinner at Spiritland, with conversation about the ideas that have guided Tom and how music has inspired him.
He will also be playing a selection of his favourite music on the world-class Spiritland soundsystem. The talk will be led by New London Architecture Chairman Peter Murray.
Subsequent events will be hosted by Sadie Morgan, founding director of architecture practice dRMM and Michel Mossessian, principal of Mossessian Architects, on September 6 and 27.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for each night cost £99, with one third of proceeds going to the Hendy/Murray Fund, which champions diversity and accessibility in architectural training.
For more information and to book tickets visit the New London Architecture website.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 9 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing