Three of the best north London properties with fabulous fireplaces
- Credit: Archant
A working fireplace is a joy in any house nowadays, when gathering around the hearth is something of a novelty, but even those that have been blocked for years can make a striking centrepiece for a room.
Kidderpore Gardens, NW3, £1,150,000
This newly re-furbished two-bedroom apartment covers the entire top floor of an Edwardian house in Hampstead and leads out onto a private south-facing terrace.
The property has some of its original features and the open plan dining and reception area includes an attractive fireplace.
Elsworthy Road, NW3, £3,950,000
You may also want to watch:
A maisonette on the ground and raised ground floors of this Victorian building with a private garden designed by Claire Mee and roof terrace.
While extensively remodelled with a contemporary extension, the flat also has some striking period features including ceiling roses, cornicing, full-height sash windows and marble fireplaces in the reception and dining rooms.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
Bishops Avenue, N2, £4,000,000
Set back from the street behind a mature front garden, this double-fronted detached house offers a rare degree of privacy, with a detached double garage at the back and a parking in front accessed via a private road.
The interiors boast wooden floors, a contemporary colour scheme and plenty of natural light, as well as two fireplaces in the reception rooms.