Three of the best north London properties with fabulous fireplaces
- Credit: Archant
A working fireplace is a joy in any house nowadays, when gathering around the hearth is something of a novelty, but even those that have been blocked for years can make a striking centrepiece for a room.
Kidderpore Gardens, NW3, £1,150,000
This newly re-furbished two-bedroom apartment covers the entire top floor of an Edwardian house in Hampstead and leads out onto a private south-facing terrace.
The property has some of its original features and the open plan dining and reception area includes an attractive fireplace.
Elsworthy Road, NW3, £3,950,000
You may also want to watch:
A maisonette on the ground and raised ground floors of this Victorian building with a private garden designed by Claire Mee and roof terrace.
While extensively remodelled with a contemporary extension, the flat also has some striking period features including ceiling roses, cornicing, full-height sash windows and marble fireplaces in the reception and dining rooms.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
Bishops Avenue, N2, £4,000,000
Set back from the street behind a mature front garden, this double-fronted detached house offers a rare degree of privacy, with a detached double garage at the back and a parking in front accessed via a private road.
The interiors boast wooden floors, a contemporary colour scheme and plenty of natural light, as well as two fireplaces in the reception rooms.