Three of the best north London properties with fabulous fireplaces
- Credit: Archant
A working fireplace is a joy in any house nowadays, when gathering around the hearth is something of a novelty, but even those that have been blocked for years can make a striking centrepiece for a room.
Kidderpore Gardens, NW3, £1,150,000
This newly re-furbished two-bedroom apartment covers the entire top floor of an Edwardian house in Hampstead and leads out onto a private south-facing terrace.
The property has some of its original features and the open plan dining and reception area includes an attractive fireplace.
Elsworthy Road, NW3, £3,950,000
A maisonette on the ground and raised ground floors of this Victorian building with a private garden designed by Claire Mee and roof terrace.
While extensively remodelled with a contemporary extension, the flat also has some striking period features including ceiling roses, cornicing, full-height sash windows and marble fireplaces in the reception and dining rooms.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 5 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 6 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 7 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 8 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 9 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
- 10 HGO double bill: modern dress baroque opera as it would have sounded centuries ago
Bishops Avenue, N2, £4,000,000
Set back from the street behind a mature front garden, this double-fronted detached house offers a rare degree of privacy, with a detached double garage at the back and a parking in front accessed via a private road.
The interiors boast wooden floors, a contemporary colour scheme and plenty of natural light, as well as two fireplaces in the reception rooms.