Three of the best north London properties with fabulous fireplaces
- Credit: Archant
A working fireplace is a joy in any house nowadays, when gathering around the hearth is something of a novelty, but even those that have been blocked for years can make a striking centrepiece for a room.
Kidderpore Gardens, NW3, £1,150,000
This newly re-furbished two-bedroom apartment covers the entire top floor of an Edwardian house in Hampstead and leads out onto a private south-facing terrace.
The property has some of its original features and the open plan dining and reception area includes an attractive fireplace.
Elsworthy Road, NW3, £3,950,000
You may also want to watch:
A maisonette on the ground and raised ground floors of this Victorian building with a private garden designed by Claire Mee and roof terrace.
While extensively remodelled with a contemporary extension, the flat also has some striking period features including ceiling roses, cornicing, full-height sash windows and marble fireplaces in the reception and dining rooms.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Bishops Avenue, N2, £4,000,000
Set back from the street behind a mature front garden, this double-fronted detached house offers a rare degree of privacy, with a detached double garage at the back and a parking in front accessed via a private road.
The interiors boast wooden floors, a contemporary colour scheme and plenty of natural light, as well as two fireplaces in the reception rooms.