This new estate agent has the hottest tips for eating and drinking in Crouch End
- Credit: Archant
Daniel Harkin is a born and bred north Londoner and a freshly mineted sales negotiator at Greene & Co.
What’s special about your agency?
We pride ourselves in getting involved with the local community, from sponsoring the Crouch End Fun Run & Festival, to supporting local schools and maintaining a good relationship with local businesses. Although we are part of a very large network, we offer a personalised service on an individual basis.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live with my family in Willesden, where my parents run an architectural salvage business that I have grown up around, which is most likely part of the reason for my interest in property.
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
Unfortunately, I haven’t quite got to that stage! I am currently saving for a deposit and hope to buy my first property in the not too distant future.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I studied Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nottingham before starting at Greene & Co. so most likely something along the lines of structural or industrial engineering.
What’s your dream house?
I really like old industrial buildings, so something like a converted factory space with a roof terrace would be my ideal. Area-wise, I lived in Camden when I was younger and would love to have a place around there.
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most shocking/surprising thing you’ve seen on the job?
I started my career with Greene & Co. less than a year ago so I haven’t actually seen anything too shocking yet but I am sure I will given time.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
The biggest change I have seen would be due to the EU Referendum outcome. Leading up to the decision, people were being really hesitant and weren’t as willing to commit to making decisions which slowed things down a fair bit. Since then, the market has picked up and a lot more people are out viewing and buying properties.
What are your top tips for the local area?
Where I am based in Crouch End there’s definitely no shortage of places to eat and drink. I would recommend visiting TooTooMoo, they have a massive range of all types of Asian food, and the comedy nights at the Kings Head are always entertaining.
Are you good at Monopoly?
I would like to think I am and feel like I should be, given my work, but I never seem to actually win in the end!