This Kentish Town estate agent is something of a local gourmet
- Credit: Archant
Anthony Wilkinson-Denny loves the local restaurants near the Kentish Town branch of Martyn Gerrard, but luckily the Heath’s nearby to sweat off all that high-end junk food
What’s special about your agency?
We pride ourselves on our core values, providing great customer service is at the heart of what we do. We aim to make every contact a positive, helpful and memorable experience. We aim to assist you with our local knowledge and experience.
Where do you live and with whom?
I currently live in Hertfordshire with my family after moving from Kentish Town a few years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
I bought my current property for the space it offered both inside and out, when you have children space is one of the most important things for our sanity and their growth.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I used to play professional football and loved the physical aspect of the game, however if I was not an estate agent, I would like to be a teacher.
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first property in 2001 and as soon as I saw it I knew it was the right property and offered there and then to make sure it was going to be mine.
What’s your dream house?
A house that I would have designed and built from scratch.
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most surprising thing you’ve seen on the job?
I chose to become an estate agent a few years ago, having been involved in the property market for over 14 years prior as a Mortgage Adviser and Financial Planning Manager. Very few things in the job shock or surprise me.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
We have experienced great growth here in Kentish Town and this continues today. We are registering so many buyers we are managing to exceed vendors expectations by often achieving figures in excess of asking prices.
What are the most common mistakes clients make?
Making decisions from just a picture or video... in order to know a property you need to view it, you need to make the time and visit the property before saying it’s not for you. Only then can you get to know the feeling of the property, the size and location, it’s a no brainer for me… clients MUST see properties before discarding them.
What are your top tips for things to do in the local area?
You must eat out in one of the great restaurants, you have many to choose from, Southern Joes, Pizza East, The Chicken Shop. Then work it off by taking a stroll around Hampstead Heath.