This Kensal Rise estate agent is proud to be part of the local community
- Credit: Archant
Branch director Tony Bunce has seen the area become more and more popular over the years, and is a keen member of the Save Kensal Rise Library campaign
What’s special about your agency?
We are heavily involved with the local community and have been part of the Save Kensal Rise Library campaign for the past 5 years. I pleased to say the library should be reopening soon.
Where do you live and with whom?
I moved to Hertfordshire from Kensal Rise 4 years ago with my wife and six children.
Why did you buy your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
My wife chose it! The great thing about it is the open plan space and large garden.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 5 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 6 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 7 Gabriel Jesus solves Arsenal's striking conundrum
- 8 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 9 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
- 10 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I always wanted to be a professional footballer, although once I left college I joined the agency. Now I could not imagine myself doing anything else.
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought in 2000, it was a two bedroom first floor maisonette that I loved.
What’s your dream house?
A large detached house in the country with gravel driveway and swimming pool.
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most shocking/surprising thing you’ve seen on the job?
I started in 1998, shortly after I had started I attended a repossession in Harlesden where the tenants, who were a husband and wife and two small children, were evicted from their property even though they had paid their rent. The landlord had not paid his mortgage meaning they had to leave within one hour. It wasn’t a nice experience.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
The market in Kensal Rise has had major changes in that time. The area is now very popular and has lots of nice places to eat and drink. When I first started it was more difficult to encourage people to move to the area and now we have a database full of interested buyers.
What are your top tips for the local area?
The best thing about this area is the transport links. We are so central here, getting in and out of Central London could not be easier.
Are you good at Monopoly?
Even if I do say so myself I always win at Monopoly. My family keep trying but I keep on winning! Christmas games can take hours to finish.