This Hampstead estate agent would love to move back on patch
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Nick Reed of Day Morris in Hampstead may have bought in Hendon but if money were no object, a Georgian house on Church Row would do just fine
What’s special about your agency?
Between our two offices based in Hampstead & Highgate we have a long-standing and hardworking team, dedicated to providing a personable and professional service, which has led to a great number of positive testimonials on our website – of which we are extremely proud.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live on my own in the Hendon area, close to the Welsh Harp.
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
I purchased the property in 2011, when the surrounding area was undergoing redevelopment, with the easy route to NW3 by road and the Northern Line being two major factors. It has large windows so there’s a lot of light, and lovely views over a park, which is my favourite thing.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I think it would involve writing, either in the field of history or music, both of which I get great enjoyment from.
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
My first property was a three-bedroom maisonette in south east Devon, which I bought in 2007. It had so much space, a private balcony and wonderful views overlooking a large woodland and the sea beyond.
What’s your dream house?
After renting in Hampstead for several years I would love to be able to live in the area again, with the dream property perhaps being one of the Georgian houses on Church Row.
How long have you been an estate agent?
I’ve been working as an Estate Agent for nine years.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
I would say that a major difference in the last decade has been the change of the majority of transactions being of an indigenous nature, to a large demographic of buyers from Europe and the USA.
What are the biggest mistakes clients make?
Sometimes clients are best advised to not listen to the promises of online based agencies, who do not always have the fullest knowledge of how to value, and can offer little in the way of helpful negotiation if a transaction becomes protracted. Experience and locally based firms can really make the difference in seeing things through!