This Belsize Park estate agent loves London villages
- Credit: Archant
But controversially, Verity Comber, lettings negotiator at Knight Frank has opted to live in one in south east London
What’s special about your agency?
Knight Frank is special because it can offer so much through all of its many departments and through its knowledgeable staff. It’s such a welcoming and encouraging company to work for, especially my team in Belsize Park.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Blackheath, south east London with my fiancé.
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
My fiancé and I decided to buy in Blackheath because we wanted to be close to central London but to live somewhere which has a village feel and lots of greenery. My favourite thing about our property is our big private garden and the original parquet floor.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I would be a backing/session singer, I went to music college for three years when I was younger and always dreamt of singing for my favourite artists.
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first property in September 2014 and we have done so much work to it since we bought it, I can hardly recognise it (thankfully!).
What’s your dream house?
My dream house would be an old 16th century cottage in the countryside with beautiful views and lots of character.
How long have you been an estate agent?
I have been an estate agent for five years.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
I would say the biggest change would be the price of rent and how expensive it can be to live in central London, many of my friends have moved further out of London as they cannot afford to live in central London.
What are the most common mistakes clients make?
I would say the most common mistake is when clients do not listen to advice given to them by local agents.
What are your top tip for the local area?
My top tips for the local area would be cycling around Primrose Hill and try any of the coffee shops on England’s Lane.