This agent is new to the area but already knows her way around Belsize Park
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Alicia Carter is on the Knight Frank graduate scheme and is seeing the Belsize Park property market through fresh eyes
What’s special about your agency?
Although our office here in Belsize Park has only been open for 14 months we have become one of Knight Frank’s most successful new offices. We have created a great presence amongst the local area due to having such an approachable, friendly and experienced team. Knight Frank as a brand has such a credible reputation both on a local and global scale.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Hammersmith with two of my friends from University.
You may also want to watch:
Why did you choose your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
We chose the flat due to its close proximity to the tube station and the West End. My favourite thing about the property is its period features, but living a 2 minute walk from the river is a huge bonus!
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
Anything that involves working with animals.
What’s your dream house?
I am originally from the countryside in North Yorkshire so I have a passion for rural property. My dream house would be a quaint detached cottage with a small ménage for a horse!
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most shocking/surprising thing you’ve seen on the job?
I am on the Graduate Scheme here at Knight Frank which involves rotating around 6 diverse departments including agency, lettings and valuation over a 2 year period. After which, I will sit the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) to become a qualified Chartered Surveyor. I have recently joined the Belsize Park team and love working in this beautiful location.
Fortunately I haven’t come across anything shocking yet but I’ve seen some incredible properties recently with gadgets I didn’t even know existed!
Has the property market changed since you started out?
Although I’ve only been working in the property industry since September 2015 I have seen a number of changes in the market, notably due to the General Election, stamp duty reform and Brexit. It’s also interesting to see the seasonal effect on different parts of the industry too.
What are your top tips for the local area?
A walk around Primrose Hill Park would be my top tip, taking in panoramic views over London. A trip to Belsize Village is highly recommended, stopping for coffee or lunch in one of its lovely cafes.
Are you good at Monopoly?
I’m not a massive fan of board games, however, as part of a team building day we played real life monopoly across London!