The Regent’s Park flat that’s fit for royalty
- Credit: Archant
Inside the palatial north London apartment that could yours for just over £17 million
Ever felt that one can never have to much marble when it comes to interior decor? Are you loco for Rococo? If you’ve got a latent taste for luxurious interiors, this may be the perfect abode for you.
The lucky buyer will be able to recline in their very own mini-Versailles, floating above Regent’s Park on the third floor of York Terrace East
It’s no exaggeration to say that this property could be described as palatial. It’s a term more frequently employed by London estate agents keen to point out that there’s enough room to swing the proverbial pussycat, but you could fit an entire royal menagerie into this 5,517 sq ft apartment.
The property comes decked out in the most opulent of styles. In the main reception room, parquet wooden flooring gives way to fabulous black marble in a raised seating area flanked by columns. The room is a Late Baroque lover’s paradise, with fanciful cornicing and shell-like alcoves in shades of salmon pink and gold.
You may also want to watch:
Presumably the new owner will also have their very own collection of gilt framed paintings to hang on the walls.
There’s a second separate reception room decorated in delicate powder blue hues, and an impressive study complete with richly panelled walls. Sadly the exotic animal skin rugs and cushions are unlikely to be included in the sale.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
The lateral apartment boasts nine bedrooms, spread across two wings. The master bedroom features a dressing room and two en suite his ‘n’ hers bathrooms (or should that be Kings ‘n’ Queens?)
As well as a prestigious address, the property comes with a porter service and underground car parking. If you ever need to descend to street level, the shops and dining facilities of Marylebone are just moments away.
The flat is on the market for a palpitation-inducing £15,950,000, with a further £1,827,750 due in stamp duty rounding it up to an auspicious £17,777,750 (if seven is your lucky number).