The Muswell Hill estate agent building a north London community
- Credit: Archant
Natalie Churchman of Hamptons International Muswell Hill loves urban village life, Hornsey-style
What’s special about your agency?
Hamptons build long lasting relationships with buyers and sellers offering a great service and advice to both.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Hornsey with my husband and two young children
Why did you buy your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
Our road is quiet and has close a great sense of community, we have annual street parties and a community allotment.
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 6 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 7 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 8 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 9 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 10 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I would love to teach at primary school level.
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first flat when I was 18 – 22 years ago! It was in terrible condition and located just off the Caledonian Road N1.
What’s your dream house?
My dream house would have stables so my girls and I could ride together
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most shocking thing you’ve seen on the job?
I have been an estate agent since 2001. The worse thing I have seen are a couple getting rather steamy in their bedroom – they clearly did not hear the bell!
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
Thankfully the industry is a lot more professional and quality of flats and houses vastly improved. Most sellers know how to make the most out of their property and replace unsightly carpets before marketing.
What are your top tips for the local area?
Alexandra Palace is undergoing development and would be a great place to invest.
Are you good at Monopoly?
I am great at Monopoly but currently playing the junior version so I’m not sure if it counts.