The Muswell Hill estate agent building a north London community
- Credit: Archant
Natalie Churchman of Hamptons International Muswell Hill loves urban village life, Hornsey-style
What’s special about your agency?
Hamptons build long lasting relationships with buyers and sellers offering a great service and advice to both.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Hornsey with my husband and two young children
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
Our road is quiet and has close a great sense of community, we have annual street parties and a community allotment.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 5 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 6 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 7 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 8 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I would love to teach at primary school level.
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first flat when I was 18 – 22 years ago! It was in terrible condition and located just off the Caledonian Road N1.
What’s your dream house?
My dream house would have stables so my girls and I could ride together
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most shocking thing you’ve seen on the job?
I have been an estate agent since 2001. The worse thing I have seen are a couple getting rather steamy in their bedroom – they clearly did not hear the bell!
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
Thankfully the industry is a lot more professional and quality of flats and houses vastly improved. Most sellers know how to make the most out of their property and replace unsightly carpets before marketing.
What are your top tips for the local area?
Alexandra Palace is undergoing development and would be a great place to invest.
Are you good at Monopoly?
I am great at Monopoly but currently playing the junior version so I’m not sure if it counts.