The Golders Green estate agent living in pink paradise but dreaming of a man cave
- Credit: Archant
Josh Tenenblat, branch manager of Winkworth Golders Green rebuilt his dream family home next to a large park, perfect for children.
What’s special/different about your agency?
Winkworth has numerous offices throughout North West London all working together to provide clients with a more comprehensive service, and to ensure that homes reach as wide an audience of buyers and tenants as possible. We pride ourselves on our well-earned reputation for providing a dedicated service with a personal touch.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Hendon with my wife and two daughters (aged 4 and 1) - pink is definitely the dominant colour in my home!
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
I had been looking for a family home for over nine months, so when our house came on the market I knew it was the right one. The house was in need of major renovation and going through the process of rebuilding it to its maximum potential gave me a real insight into property development. My favourite thing about my house is that it overlooks a large leafy green park. I love waking up to the calm peaceful view of open space and my children spend hours on end playing in the park.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 4 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 7 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 8 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 9 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
Do you prefer a fixer-upper or plush new-build?
In my view, nothing compares to an old property done up in a contemporary style, whilst still maintaining its original features and character.
If you knew then what you know now, what would you tell yourself when you bought your current home?
Building work always ends up costing much more and taking much longer!
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
In 2007 my wife and I bought our first property together. It was a two bedroom ground floor flat which had direct access on to a communal garden and gated parking. It was spacious and warm and was a great home to have our first child in.
What’s your dream house?
My dream home would have to be something luxurious which I had designed myself. If it had a basement with a snooker table, cinema and a popcorn machine then I would be a happy man!
What is a big mistake clients make?
Selling in a rush without allowing us time to get them the best price.