The flat from Spaced has been let – to two young professional sharers
- Credit: Archant
A new Tim and Daisy are set to move into the Tufnell Park flat featured in the Channel 4 sitcom Spaced.
The two-bedroom apartment on Carleton Road, known as 23 Meteor Street on the show, was let within three weeks of being listed by TMD Properties.
Joel Woudstra, assistant manager at the Highgate estate agent, said: “It’s two professional sharers – a man and a woman – which fits really well with Spaced.
“It went quite quickly. Because it was put around the internet and in the news we got a lot more interest.”
“They did see all the stuff that went online but they had actually already seen the property before that happened. It may have influenced them but I don’t want to say for certain. I think it was more of a bonus really.”
The flat was listed for £460 per week, over five times more than it cost the show’s protagonists in 1999.
You may also want to watch:
It acts as a catalyst in the comedy, which starts when two twenty-something flat-hunters, played by Simon Pegg and Jessican Hynes, pose as a professional couple in order to meet the advertised requirements for the (relatively) cheap £90 per week property.
Simon Pegg’s PR team picked up on the rental listing last weekend, while the Guardian also reported on it when the flat was marketed in 2010.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe