The flat from Spaced has been let – to two young professional sharers
- Credit: Archant
A new Tim and Daisy are set to move into the Tufnell Park flat featured in the Channel 4 sitcom Spaced.
The two-bedroom apartment on Carleton Road, known as 23 Meteor Street on the show, was let within three weeks of being listed by TMD Properties.
Joel Woudstra, assistant manager at the Highgate estate agent, said: “It’s two professional sharers – a man and a woman – which fits really well with Spaced.
“It went quite quickly. Because it was put around the internet and in the news we got a lot more interest.”
“They did see all the stuff that went online but they had actually already seen the property before that happened. It may have influenced them but I don’t want to say for certain. I think it was more of a bonus really.”
The flat was listed for £460 per week, over five times more than it cost the show’s protagonists in 1999.
It acts as a catalyst in the comedy, which starts when two twenty-something flat-hunters, played by Simon Pegg and Jessican Hynes, pose as a professional couple in order to meet the advertised requirements for the (relatively) cheap £90 per week property.
Simon Pegg’s PR team picked up on the rental listing last weekend, while the Guardian also reported on it when the flat was marketed in 2010.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead