The flat from Spaced has been let – to two young professional sharers
- Credit: Archant
A new Tim and Daisy are set to move into the Tufnell Park flat featured in the Channel 4 sitcom Spaced.
The two-bedroom apartment on Carleton Road, known as 23 Meteor Street on the show, was let within three weeks of being listed by TMD Properties.
Joel Woudstra, assistant manager at the Highgate estate agent, said: “It’s two professional sharers – a man and a woman – which fits really well with Spaced.
“It went quite quickly. Because it was put around the internet and in the news we got a lot more interest.”
“They did see all the stuff that went online but they had actually already seen the property before that happened. It may have influenced them but I don’t want to say for certain. I think it was more of a bonus really.”
The flat was listed for £460 per week, over five times more than it cost the show’s protagonists in 1999.
You may also want to watch:
It acts as a catalyst in the comedy, which starts when two twenty-something flat-hunters, played by Simon Pegg and Jessican Hynes, pose as a professional couple in order to meet the advertised requirements for the (relatively) cheap £90 per week property.
Simon Pegg’s PR team picked up on the rental listing last weekend, while the Guardian also reported on it when the flat was marketed in 2010.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 8 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 9 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond